Sierra Pokemon Go Counters
With the Season of Mischief having just started, Trainers can still take down the same 7 different mon from last month when facing off against Sierra.
At the start of every match, Sierra will always send out Sneasel, followed by 6 other rotating Pokemon. While Sierras lineup changes over time, in September, the 7 mon Trainers have the opportunity to face off against are:
- Drapion / Houndoom / Kingdra
How To Beat Sierra In Pokemon Go Learn Step By Step Instructions On How To Beat Sierra In Pokemon Go Pokemon Go Sierra Counters And More
If you are a regular Pokemon Go Player, then you know that Sierra is one of the leaders of Team Go Rocket, and she has powerful Pokemon to beat as well. You need to know the best counters to take her down in the game. In this post, we are going to have a closer look at how to beat Sierra in Pokemon Go, Sierra best counters and more.
Pokemon Go Sierra Counters For September 2021
Trainers can obtain Mysterious Components in Pokemon Go by fighting Team Go Rocket Grunts at invaded Pokestops. Youll be able to build a Rocket Radar after you have six of them, which will direct you right to the Team Go Rocket Leaders.
Beating Team Go Rocket Leader Sierra in Pokemon Go will take skill, and weve got the best counters and weakness tips to take into battle to lead you to victory against the likes of Sneasel, Kingdra, and Gliscor in September 2021.
Read Also: How Much To Trade Shiny Pokemon Go
Locating Team Go Rocket Leaders
Every once in a while in Pokémon Go, you’ll have the chance to battle Team Go Rocket Grunts, and whenever you defeat one, they will drop an item called the Mysterious Component. If you manage to collect six of these, you’ll be able to combine them and craft a Rocket Radar.;
This handy item reveals the location of any Leader Hideouts that are in close proximity to you. Once you’ve equipped your Rocket Radar, tap the Rocket Radar button to view the Leader Hideout locations.
As shown in one of the screenshots below, the Leader Hideouts resemble regular Pokéstops on the map. And once you’re nearby, one of the Team Go Rocket Leaders will be standing right by the Leader Hideout.
Before you fight, keep in mind that Leaders are a lot tougher to beat than regular Team Go Rocket Grunts, so make sure that you line up your best Pokémon and that they’re at full health before the fight.;
Once you’ve defeated a Leader, your Rocket Radar will disappear, so you will need to either purchase a new one from the Shop or locate and combine six more Mysterious Components in order to battle more Leaders.;
Best Gliscor Counters In Pokemon Go
Go for any powerful Pokemon with Ice and Water moves and you should be fine with taking Gliscor out of the fight. The underrated Mamoswine is a great pick if it has the Avalanche move, but if you dont have one that is powered up enough, go for Aurorus, Avalugg or Piloswine and you should get through to the next round without any issues.
Also Check: How To Soft Reset 3ds Pokemon Ultra Sun
How To Beat Sierra: Get The Rocket Radar
To;challenge;the;rocket boss, you need a rocket radar.;You get this when you have collected a total of 6 mysterious components.;You can then combine these to form a radar and search for Sierra.
Since the;change in October, Sierra has been fighting with completely different Pokémon.
How to beat Sierra: The best counterattacks
Which Pokémon does Sierra use?;The rocket boss fights with 7 different monsters.;Your team looks like this:
- First Pokémon:;Traumato
- Second Pokémon:;Kokowei, Tohaido or Lapras
- Third Pokémon:;Tengulist, Hundemon or Simsala
So Sierra always sends Tramato into battle as the first Pokémon.;With a bit of luck you can catch this as Shiny after the fight.
The best counterattacks against trauma:;The types beetle, ghost and dark are effective against this.;Good attackers are:
- Despotar with a bite and a grinder
- Scherox with anger blade and cross scissors
- Genesect with anger blade and cross scissors
We particularly recommend a Beetle Pokémon here.;You can use this again in the course of the fight, as it is also useful against Tengulist or Kokowei.;In addition, Scherox or Genesect have fast loading attacks that destroy the shields directly.
The best counterattacks against Lapras:;The Pokémon is susceptible to the types of combat, electro, plant and rock.;The best attackers are:
- Melmetal with shock of thunder and hail of stones
- Machomy with counterattack and powerful blow
- Lucario with counterattack and staggering stroke
Pokmon Go Sierra Guide: August 2021
The best Pokémon to defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra in Pokémon GO.
A comprehensive guide on how to defeat Rocket Leader Sierra in Pokémon GO, updated for August 2021. We got you covered with the best Pokémon to use against Sierra, regardless of which line-up Sierra uses.
Remember that you can rematch Sierra if you lose the first time. Use this guide in combination with knowing Sierras Pokémon to ensure a victory. Sierra is often considered to be the easiest Team Go Rocket leader but this time around, she is a little more challenging than usual. But dont worry! Simply follow this guide and you shouldnt have any problem whatsoever!
Note: In Trainer Battles, counters need not always be Pokémon that do super-effective damage. We include Pokémon that are more viable to defeat Arlo, rather than those who do maximum damage.
Arlo Sierra And Cliff How To Find And Defeat Them
To find the Arlo, Sierra Y Cliff The first thing we must do is complete the first three phases of the investigation The higher they fly , temporarily active and free of charge for all. These first three phases are very simple, as they are basic tasks that we can complete in a short time, but we must bear in mind that we must first defeat six Team GO Rocket recruits , which will give us a Mysterious Component.
If we get six of those components, we will have the Radar Rocket necessary to identify one of the three leaders. By defeating Arlo, Sierra Y Cliff in the fourth phase of the investigation we will have the Super Radar Rocket and we will access phase 6/6, which allows us to order Giovanni.
Team Rocket Leader Sierra Pokmon Line
Sierra now uses Shadow Sneasel as her first Pokémon. Sierras second Pokemon will either be Shadow Gliscor, Shadow Granbull or Shadow Ampharos. Finally, for Sierra’s third Pokémon she will choose to use either Shadow Kingdra, Shadow Houndoom or Shadow Drapion.
Now you know which Pokémon she’ll use, you just need to know how to beat them. The best way to do that is to use specific Pokémon to counter, so below you’ll find a list of the best Pokémon to counter and the most effective moves against each of Sierra’s possible Pokémon, as of .
Also Check: How To Evolve Nosepass
How To Defeat The Sierra Leader In August Best Counters
The confrontation with Sierra leaves us Sneasel as the first Pokémon. Then we have an interesting rotation with Pokémon like Ampharos as second or Drapion between the third and last options.
- First Pokémon: Sneasel.
- Second Pokémon : Gliscor, Granbull or Ampharos.
- Third Pokémon : Kingdra, Houndoom or Drapion.
Reward for beating her: guaranteed encounter with Sneasel.
- Sneasel: Lucario, Blaziken, Conkeldurr, Beloom, Machamp.
- Gliscor: Mamoswine, Mr. Mime, Aurorus, Piloswine, Avalugg, Abomasnow.
- Granbull: Metagross, Gengar, Tyranitar, Victrebeel, Machamp, Heatran.
- pelipper: Landorus, Excadrill, Groudon, Rhyperior, Garchomp.
- Kingdra: Salamence, Garchomp, Reshiram, Rayquaza, Palkia, Hazorus, Gardevoir.
- Houndoom: Lucario, Conkeldurr, Breloom, Kyogre, Landorus, Kingler, Rampardos.
- Drapion: Mamoswine, Flygon, Regigigas, Landorus, Excadrill, Groudon, Swampert.
Sierras First Pokemon Sneasel
The first Pokemon Sierra will ship out within the battle is Sneasel. This Pokemon is a twin Dark and Ice-type, making it weak to Fighting, Rock, Bug, Steel, Fire, and Fairy-type strikes. On the flip aspect, Sneasel resists injury from Ghost, Ice, Dark, and Psychic-type strikes.
Being Sierras first Pokemon, Sneasel is the weakest of her occasion. This makes it simple to maintain in comparison with what comes after it, making it a great goal for cost strikes. Players can use this a part of the battle to drive Sierra to waste her Protect Shields early. If gamers need to get via this Pokemon rapidly although, the very best counters in opposition to it are:
PokemonFast MoveCharge MoveLucarioCounterAura SphereConkeldurrCounterDynamic PunchBlazikenCounterFocus BlastMachampCounterDynamic PunchSirfetchdCounterClose Combat
Read Also: How To Watch Pokemon Black And White
Jesse James And Meowth Have Blasted Off Again
Jesse and James are no longer available to challenge, but they are sure to return at some point in the future. Their previous line ups weren’t particularly difficult to beat, especially since neither used their shields.
Previously, Jesse’s lineup included:
- Scyther: a Bug and Flying type, Scyther has several weaknesses, including Fire, Flying, Electric, and Ice, but it’s quad weakness to Rock is the one you’ll want to exploit. Aggron, Rampardos, Rhyperior, Golem, Terrakion, or Tyranitar all work really well here.
- Ekans: a Poison type, Ekans is weak against Ground and Psychic types. However, Ekans is pretty weak. Mewtwo, Alakazm, or Gardevoir could all work well here. Alternatively, you could put in Metagross or whatever Pokémon you plan to use against Stantler, in order to build up their charged attack.
- Stantler: as a Normal type, Stantler’s only weakness is Fighting types. However, because of its potential moveset, Steel and Rock types are your best bet here. Metagross, Regirock, Jirachi, or Cobalion are all great choices here.
After beating Jesse, James’ lineup included:
Upon beating Jesse, you could catch a Shadow Scyther with the potential to be Shiny, and upon beating James, you could catch a Shadow Pinsir with the potential to be Shiny.
Note: Jesse and James fulfill the requirements for beating two Team GO Rocket Grunts in Research tasks.
Best Ampharos Counters In Pokemon Go
Go for Landorus here as it will be your best bet of getting to the second round quickly Earthquake will do some serious damage to Ampharos and it wont take a lot more to finish this one off.
Ground-type moves are the only weakness that Ampharos has, so if you dont have a Landorus, go for a Pokemon that specialises in these moves and is high-powered enough to cause a lot of harm Groudon and Excadrill are two others that will get the job done.
Read more on Pokemon:
Also Check: How Much Is Eevee V Worth
Team Go Rocket Questions
There you have it. Follow our guide, and you’ll send Team GO Rocket blasting off again! Have any questions about fighting Team GO Rocket, Cliff, Sierra, Arlo, or Giovanni? Want to share your winning team? Drop us a comment below and check out our Best Portable Battery Packs for iPhone in 2020, so your phone never dies while you’re battling Team GO Rocket!
Sierra’s Pokmon Lineup And Counters
Sierra’s first;Pokémon will either be a Lapras if you challenge her via a Balloon encounter, or Beldum through a Pokestop.
- Beldum will only have two normal moves, and is naturally weak to Dark, Fire, Ghost, and Ground moves.
- Lapras will stick to Water and Ice moves, plus Skull Bash as a normal type charge. A few of its moves deal less damage to Dragon types, others to Steel, but itself is weak to Electric and Grass Types
- The best counter to Beldum would be a Fire or Dark type like Blaziken with Fire Spin and Blaze Kick, or a Darkrai with Snarl and Dark Pulse. For Lapras, focus on exploiting its weakness with either a strong grass type like Roserade, or Electric type such as Zapdos.
You May Like: Where To Get Strength In Pearl
Pokemon Go Sierra Counters Flygon
Flygon is a Ground/Dragon-type Pokemon with some powerful moves. Ideally, you’ll still have one shield left here to block a charged attack from this Pokemon. You’ll want to use Fairy, Ice, and Dragon-type Pokemon to beat Flygon. But only go for the latter if the Flygon you’re against knows Mud Shot. Otherwise, the Dragon-type moves of Flygon will see you off comfortably. Below is a list of counters that are useful to defeat Flygon.
- Gardevoir, Charm/Synchronoise.
- Alolan Ninetales, Powder Snow/Weather Ball.
- Articuno, Ice Shard/Icy Wind.
Pokemon Go Sierra Counters: Sneasel
Game Freak | Satoshi Tajiri
Heres the best way to counter Sierras Sneasel –
- Lucario, with Counter and Power-Up Punch
- Conkeldurr, with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Machamp, with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Blaziken, with Counter and Focus Blast
- Hariyama, with Counter and Superpower
So basically, anything with Counter will do the trick.
This is where it gets a little more complicated, so strap in. This second Pokemon could be any of the following, and these are the counters youll need:
Read Also: Firestone Locations Pokemon Sword
What Are The Best Pokmon Go Sierra Counters For Houndoom
Sierras Houndoom only uses dark and fire moves, and is weak to water, fighting, rock, and ground types, so youve got quite a few options!
- Tyranitar Smack Down and Crunch or Stone Edge
- Terrakion Smack Down and Close Combat or Rock Slide
- Kyogre Waterfall and Surf or Blizzard
- Rhyperior Smack Down or Mud Slap and Rock Wrecker or Surf
- Conkeldurr Counter and Dynamic Punch or Stone Edge
- Swampert Mud Shot and Hydro Cannon or Earthquake
The Best Counters For Sierra In Pokemon Go
The Team GO Rocket Leaders in Pokemon GO are the equivalent of boss battles.
Having said that, Sierra is perhaps the toughest of the three. With the “Season of Mischief” beginning and September having already started, there might be a shift in her Pokemon lineup.
Pokemon GO trainers can always jump into this battle with their most powerful Pokemon and hope for the best. However, that isn’t advised. Players must assess Sierra’s Pokemon and their strengths to gain an upperhand in this contest.
Read Also: When Does Machoke Evolve In Pokemon Quest
What Are The Best Pokmon Go Sierra Counters For Gliscor
Sierra can also summon Gliscor, who can use bug, flying, ground, or dark moves. As a result, its counters are limited. It is, however, double weak to ice and weak to water, which is why we advise using a strong ice-type Pokémon to counter.
- Mamoswine Powder snow and Avalanche or Bulldoze
- Weavile Ice Shard and Avalanche or Foul Play
- Glaceon Ice Shard and Avalanche or Ice Beam
- Darmanitan Ice Fang and Avalanche or Ice Punch
- Mewtwo Confusion and Ice Beam or Shadow Ball
- Articuno Ice Shard and Blizzard or Ice Beam
How To Beat Sierra In Pokmon Go
Sierra is one of the three Team Rocket leaders in the January events of Pokémon Go that you have to defeat in order to gain access to Giovanni.
Under the normal set of circumstances, Sierra and other Team Rocket leaders wouldve their rosters swapped for something new, but thats on hold for now due to Covid-19, making the 2021 Team Rocket events also being on hold. Maybe sometime in February, we can witness a new roaster but for now, Sierra has the same roster as 2020.Sierra will use a total of 3 Pokémons against you and how you can defeat them is explained below:
The first Pokémon shes gonna use against you is a Drowzee, the Psychic-type Pokémon. Dark, Bug and Ghost-type Pokémons will be the most effective against it; including Hydreigon, Weavile, Chandelure, Mega Houndoom, Bisharp, Mewtwo, Houndoom, Darkrai, Origin Giratina, and Tyranitar etc. You can easily defeat the first Pokémon with one of the above-mentioned types.
The second Pokémon shes gonna through your way will be one of the following three:
- Lapras: Water and Ice-type
- Exeggutor: Grass and Psychic-type
- Sharpedo: Water and Dark-type
Whichever one she deploys, youll have to make sure that your Pokémon gets a few effective hits and for that, we recommend throwing a fresh Pokémon in the battle. Using a Fighting-type Pokémon, i.e. Machamp, Hariyama, Heracross, or a Conkeldurr, etc, might prove very decisive.
You May Like: How Much Stardust To Trade A Shiny
How To Defeat Sierra In Pokmon Go May 2021
Rally your teams for one of Team Rocket’s captains.
As players take on Team GO Rocket Grunts in Pokémon Go, theyll receive items called Mysterious Components. Piecing them together creates a tracker used to hunt down Team Rockets three captains: Arlo, Cliff, and Sierra.
Six of the Mysterious Components crafts the Rocket Radar, which can be equipped from your bag and will lead you to the Rocket leaders.
With all of the Rocket Balloons floating around the overworld, you can also use the Rocket Radar to spawn all three leaders.
Each captain has a different team comprised of three Pokémon. Which Pokémon will be on the team is randomized, but there are a limited number of possibilities for each captain. While the three bosses may seem difficult at first, those who are well-prepared heading into the match will have no problem taking down the Team Rocket leaders.
So heres everything you need to know about GO Rocket leader Sierra and her Pokémon.
Tips And Tricks To Fight Team Go Rocket Leaders
- The Team Go Rocket leaders use Protect Shields, unlike standard Grunts. So, your first Pokemon should ideally be one having a fast move with low energy requirement. This will ensure that they will exhaust their shields quickly, and you can safely attack with your Charge moves of higher energy.
- If you are not able to beat the leaders in the first go, your Rocket Radar will remain intact, and the balloon will continue hovering over you. You can revive your Pokemons, and try again until you win. The team composition and movesets wont chanhge, therefore it might be easier for you to counter them this time.
- The Go Rocket Leaders or any NPC in game including Team Leaders and Grunts will stop attacking for short intervals in some situation. These pauses are quite viable, for you can overcharge your Charged move, to use on the next Pokemon. This not only saves shields, but also your HP by preventing them from attacking. These are-
- After any shield is used
- After any Charged attack is used
- After switching of any Pokemon
Recommended Reading: Best Yveltal Moveset