Pokemon Go Pokestops And Gyms Being Removed
Update: NianticCasey-ING confirms that AR scans have nothing to do with the removal of PokeStops or Gyms in Pokemon Go.
Previous Story: It appears that some PokeStops and Gyms are getting removed from the game. Today it might be a Gym near you and tomorrow could be a PokeStop.
Rumors are circulating that the Mapping tool is helping Niantic decide which PokeStops and Gyms are going away. This is sad because these two features were the main ways of interacting with the game. If a favorite/ near PokeStop vanishes, you might need to go to the nearest, which is not always near you.
We saw this being discussed in a Pokemon GO subreddit thread. This thread confirms the new situation, and has urged players to stop using the AR Mapping Tool, as Niantic is supposedly using this one to remove the Stops that might seem that are misplaced or fake. The same goes for Gyms.
Be warned, be aware. Stop scanning and giving up your data so Niantic can make the game harder for you to have fun playing.
It is very disappointing and discouraging to see your favorite PokeStop or Gym getting removed from the map, so we do hope that Niantic will soon come up with a confirmation or statement.
A Few Additional Fun Facts About Pokemon Go Gyms
There are a few other things you should probably know before heading out to take down your nearest Gym:
- When your Pokemon is assigned to a Gym, you will be unable to use it. It cannot battle, you cannot level it up or evolve it, and you cannot heal it. Your Pokemon will be returned to you if it is removed from the Gym. At that point, you will need to heal it before you can use it for battle again.
- You will know if your Pokemon is on a Gym by checking your Pokemon team. Pokemon that are at Gyms will have little icons next to their picture. When they are returned to you, that little icon will disappear. This is a quick and easy way to determine if your Gym still stands. If the icon is still there, the Gym still belongs to you. If not, then hop in the car and prepare to go take it back!
- All Gyms are ordered from the weakest Pokemon to the strongest automatically. It doesnt matter who puts their Pokemon down in what order, the Gym always rearranges it to go from weakest to strongest.
- Cashing in your Gyms every evening in the Shop is the only way to earn Poke Coins aside from paying real money. At least for right now.
Pokemon Go Pokestop And Gym Interaction Distance Increased
While the COVID-19 pandemic is not over yet, Niantic has decided to roll back Pokemon GO measures such as PokeStop and Gym interaction distance to pre-pandemic levels in regions such as North America and New Zealand in early August 2021. Players spoke out, citing security concerns and even issuing a boycott. Initially, the company only announced a task force that would deliver results in early September 2021. Now it has restored the distance from 40 meters to 80 meters.
The interaction distance of 80 meters for the Pokemon GO PokeStop and Gym markers are now back in effect. Although in the case of New Zealand it was restored back on August 17, 2021 when the country went to alert level 4.
Here is the official statement from Niantic. The company will apparently make more announcements based on the task forces findings on September 1, 2021. However, it decided to de Pokemon GO PokeStop and Gym interaction distance update in North America immediately.
Thank you to everyone who made your voice heard. We heard you and understand that this has been a welcome benefit for many players. Well share more next week.
You May Like: How To Tell If A Pokemon Is Hacked
Wondering If You’re Listed
Pokemon Go was built by Niantic Labs, the same company that launched a game called Ingress several years ago. Ingress featured portals that players could fight over, and guess what? All the portals were turned into Gyms and PokéStops.
If you’re curious about your businesses Pokemon Go status you can check the Ingress Intel Map. Do a search for your address and keep an eye out for a green or blue dot over it. Click on the dot, and if it identifies your business there’s a good chance you’re in Pokemon Go as well. The only better way to check is to actually install Pokemon Go.
NOTE: you will need to log in with your Google account to view the Ingress map.
How To Earn The Defender Bonus And Gym Rewards In Pokmon Go
Both are discussed in further detail in those prior links, but in short, the more you battle and hold a Gym, the more Badge experience you earn, allowing you to then receive more items when spinning the photo disc.
The Defender Bonus, meanwhile, comes in the form of PokeCoins, working similar to the original Gym system in some ways, but with some different restrictions and drop rates.
There is a cap on how much you can earn however, so you can read up on how they work in more detail over in our PokéCoins guide. Our best tip for securing more coins from Gyms would be to capture one right before a Raid is about to start. With Gyms completely taken over and rendered non-interactive throughout, that means your Pokémon will be safely inside for at least the hour duration, earning you a solid amount of Coins for your trouble.
Arguably one of the best rewards for interacting with Gyms is Candy. Giving Berries to Pokémon held at the Gym not only gives you a small amount of Badge XP and Stardust, but by feeding a Pokémon defending a Gym a Berry, there’s a small chance you could get some Candy for that Pokémon in return.
With Gyms typically hosting some of the rarest Pokémon in the game, that means Berry-feeding is one of the most effective ways to get that Chancey, Dratini, and Larvitar Candy for those extra-strong evolutions.
Additional reporting by Matthew Reynolds.
You May Like: Can You Put Eggs In Pokemon Home
Is Ditto Good In Gyms
According to the analysts at GamePress, Ditto isnt very good as either a gym attacker or a defender. Hes more of a Pokémon that you play with just for the fun of it. So Ditto may not make for a good gym attacker, either. The fun in playing Ditto is deciding which Pokémon Ditto is going to copy when you attack a gym.
How Does A Gym Work
When a team owns a Gym, they can place Pokemon onto that Gym. Here are some quick facts about Pokemon Go gyms:
- Each player can only place one Pokemon in a Gym at a time. However, you can place a Pokemon on an unlimited number of Gyms. If you have 15 Pokemon, you could conceivably place a different one on a Gym and control up to 15 Gyms.
- Each Gym has a certain amount of Prestige. You earn Prestige by fighting;your own teams;Gym and it will lose Prestige when it is defeated by trainers from other teams.
- The maximum number of Prestige Points that a Gym can have is 50,000. The maximum level it can attain is level 10.
- Each time a Gym gains a level, players on that team can place one additional Pokemon on it. At;max level, your team can place up to 10 Pokemon on that Gym.
- Every 21 hours, you can go into the Shop and earn some free Poke Coins.;Youll get 10 Poke Coins and 500 Stardust for every Gym that you control. If you trade in while you have Pokemon on five Gyms, youll receive 50 Poke Coins and 2500 Stardust. You can find the option to do this in the Shop at the top right corner of the screen.
- It is far easier taking a Gym;in groups than by yourself. Especially if the Gym has a high level.
- Finally, and perhaps the most obvious, youll need to actually join a team in order to engage with Gyms. The three options are, of course, Team Valor, Team Mystic, and Team Instinct. You learn more about the ethical ramifications of your team decision by clicking here.
Read Also: How Much Is A Eevee Pokemon Card Worth
Developer Working On Updates So Game Remains Fun For Players But Respects The Real World
The creators of Pokemon Go;say they’re working to remove real-world locations that don’t wish to be included in the mobile gaming sensation.
The Pokemon Company’s consumer marketing director J.C. Smith said in an interview this week that they’re updating the augmented-reality game so it remains fun for players but respects the real world.
“When something is really popular, we have to figure out the most respectful way to deal with it and make sure that everyone is playing safely and doing things in a respectful manner,” said Smith. “It’s only been two weeks since it launched, and there’s been so much attention and so many people playing that it’s tough to think of all the ways it could affect the world.”
The location-aware game provides virtual rewards for players who visit real sites designated as Pokestops;in the game. Several locations, such as the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park in Japan and the Arlington National Cemetery in Washington, D.C., have asked to be removed from Pokemon Go.
Since the free game launched July 6 for mobile devices and rocketed to the top of the download charts, some players have injured themselves in pursuit of virtual monsters or have been distracted while playing Pokemon Go;while driving.
Smith wouldn’t offer a timeline of when updates will come to the game. Pokemon Go;developer Niantic offers an online form to request exclusions, but changes to the game are not automatic.
What Is A Gym In Pokemon Go
Gyms are strategically located places around the world that various teams can capture and control. They are generally points of interest in your community. Popular Gym locations include churches, landmarks, monuments, schools, and similar places of note. There doesnt seem to be much of a rhyme or reason to the choices that Niantic made when it comes to placement because weve seen churches with two gyms and schools with none. However, the defining characteristic is that they are all places that are available to the general public during most hours of the day and the vast majority of them are accessible without being required to enter any buildings.
How To Fight An Opposing Gym In Pokemon Go
Okay, youve got a team of Pokemon and there is a Gym in your sights. Here is how you take down a Gym and make it yours:
You have beaten all of the Pokemon on the Gym! You are a master of Pokemon Go and the world is your oyster, right? Not so fast!
Poke Coins: Do You Get Coins For All Days Defending Gym Or Only For The Day Defending Pokemon Returned
If you defend a Gym for 2 1/2 days and your Defending Pokemon is returned to you on the 3rd day::1- Do you only get the maximum 50 Coins for the day your Pokemon was returned ? Which means the two prior days receive only earned hours while defending that Gym for those two prior days BUT NO Coins for those two prior days. ???OR2- Does Niantic total the number of hours earned for the 2 1/2 days and give 50 Coins for each day?? ).
Niantic stated Coins are only rewarded on the day a Defending Pokemon is returned to the Trainer. Do you only receive Coins earned for the day your Pokemon is returned? Are only the Coins earned on the day returned counted and not the prior day’s earned hours/Coins???Hopefully someone has the correct answer.
You May Like: How To Get Mega Stones In Pokemon Go
Request Modification Or Removal Of A Pokstop Or Gym
- Theres no longer safe pedestrian access to the location.
- The PokéStop or Gym obstructs or interferes with Emergency Services ability to perform normal operations. This includes, but isnt limited to, fire stations, police stations, hospitals, military bases, industrial sites, power plants and air traffic control towers.
- The PokéStop or Gym is not a permanent installation. This includes seasonal displays that are only put up during certain times of the year.
- They are natural features, including pictures of landscapes as well as submissions where the subject is a lake, river, stream, mountain, volcano, waterfall. Note that photos that include man-made points of interest – plaques, signs, etc. – near natural features are acceptable.
- The PokéStop or Gym has been permanently removed or is a duplicate of an existing PokéStop or Gym.
- The PokéStop or Gym’s real-world location appears to be within 40 meters of private residential property.
Please only submit removal or modification inquiries through the page linked above. .
Want To Make Pokmon Go Away
The popularity of Pokémon Go has been overwhelming, and has resulted in both children and adults wandering around in a state of augmented reality while viewing their surroundings on their phone. Incidents and accidents resulting from this behavior have been reported across the country and have prompted concerns over personal safety as unaware players walk into traffic, step in holes, or fail to notice dangerous elements in their immediate surroundings. In addition to Pokémon, players are seeking out PokéStops, virtual checkpoints where they can pick up supplies and battle other players. While some business owners are scrambling to get a PokéStop installed in or near their establishment to draw in crowds, many consider it a nuisance and a threat. Some checkpoints have been identified as being close to expensive pieces of artwork in building lobbies or in secure areas of facilities, inviting the opportunity for theft, damage and breach of security.
If you have identified virtual checkpoints at your facility that compromise building safety or security in any way, you may wish to have them removed. If this is the case, utilize the following link to go to the game support site, and follow the steps outlined below:
- Under the Troubleshooting section, click on Reporting PokeStop or Gym Issues
- Fill out the information in the form request
- Include a notation that the PokéStop is located on private property
Please remove the Pokéstop located at ______. This is private property.
You May Like: What Are Dark Pokemon Weak Against
Do Gyms Do Anything Else
Gyms also host PokéStops. You can click a PokéStop icon when you tap the gym to spin the emblem at the top. You get a reward bonus if the gym matches your team when you spin it, too. Spinning a gym PokéStop also rewards a free raid pass every day .
Gyms also host raids as indicated by a giant egg, and gyms of your color award raid bonuses.
Pokemon Go Lawsuit May See Niantic Remove Gyms And Poke Stops From Private Property
The dev is being asked to be more proactive when receiving requests to remove Gyms and Poke Stops from private property.
Since its release, a number of Pokemon Go players have abandoned all social etiquette when it comes to visiting Poke Stops and Gyms that are located on private property. Residents have reported instances of property damage, trespassing, and loitering, and a number of those affected have filed lawsuits against the developer.
Three years later, a proposed settlement is requesting that Niantic resolve complaints from residents in no more than 15 days, removing the in-game points of interest located on or within 40 metres of their property.
If the agreed resolution is to remove the Poke Stop or Gym, Niantic must do so within five days.
The company is being asked to maintain a database of the complaints for at least a year after their submission, and to refrain from placing any new Gyms and Poke Stops on, or in close proximity to, residential properties.
Another stipulation is that for Raids with 10 or more participants, an in-game message “reminding players to be courteous to others and respectful of their real-world surroundings,” is required.
Niantic has also had trouble in the past when it came to events and players in public spaces, like parks.
Read Also: How Do You Get A Metal Coat In Pokemon Go