Every Pokmon Type Weakness For Battle Strategy
Below is a list of every Pokémon type, what it is weak against, and the potential logic behind each weakness. Most of the weaknesses in the Pokémon games are based on theoretical interactions between each element in real life. However, there are some types added in later games which are less concrete, like the Fairy-type or Dark-type, so how they work in gameplay can be less straightforward. Despite this, the majority of types are fairly easy to remember after some practice.
Related: Pokémon Masters EX Adds Galar Champions Leon & Charizard, Story Events
Pokemon Go Type Chart: Strength Weakness And Effectiveness For All Types
Pokemon Types are the core of battles in Pokemon Go just as in the rest of the series – and to succeed, you’ll need to understand Pokemon type strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness.
As hardcore Pokemon fans will already know quite well, each Pokemon has one or two types, and types determine much about how that Pokemon battles. For the Pokemon Trainer, type is important because certain types are strong against others, meaning you can deal or take additional damage, or on the other hand lessen the amount of damage received.
There’s 18 different types, and each type is either strong, weak or neutral versus other types. At the most basic level with the starter Pokemon this breaks down to Rock, Paper, Scissors – Charmander beats Bulbasaur who beats Squirtle which comes full circle by beating Fire.
That all makes sense and is nice and easy – though things get more complicated when you start introducing more obtuse Pokemon Types types like Fairy or Dragon, or when you consider Pokemon with multiple types. Then you have to consider that moves have types – so a fire-type Pokemon like Charizard can easily come stacked with Dragon and Flying-type moves, meaning its damage output on the type chart is attached to those types rather than its raw type.
Is Rock Blast A Good Move
At first glance, Rock Blast appears to be one of the weakest Rock moves around with its base power listed at a pitiful 25. Upon further review, however, it is a multi-strike attack that can hit up to five times in a row. If Rock Blast happens to hit five times, it is practically a 125 base power move.
Recommended Reading: Sun And Moon Restart
Pokmon Type Effectiveness And Weakness Chart
Our type chart presents the 18 Pokémon types in attack and defence scenarios. To use it, simply find your Pokémons type to see what its attacks are strong and weak against, and what it is resistant and vulnerable to when defending.
- Types bolded in square brackets are subject to a further cut in effectiveness in the mainline games these are outright immunities
- If a type is not listed, damage is neutral
- The strength of an attack is increased if the attack type is strong against both types of a dual type Pokémon
- Type resistance and vulnerability effectively cancel each other out on dual type Pokémon
|Pokémon Type Chart|
Bug, Dark, , Fighting
Note that attack and defence type relationships are not identical e.g. types may be resistant to types when defending that they are not super effective against when attacking.
Remember, things get even more interesting when Pokémon of dual types crop up and you have to factor in additional strengths and weaknesses.
Pokemon Sword And Shield Type Chart
We’ve charted all the different type matchups for Pokemon so you know what’s super-effective or weak against other types.
Guideby Jake Green, Guides Editor
To win battles in Pokemon Sword and Shield you’ll need to understand type matchups and how different moves can be super-effective. To help make it easy, we’ve outlisted all the relationships between types below in our type chart, allowing you to know when you have the advantage.
On this page:
You May Like: What Is Good Against Fairy
What Types Are Good Against Rock
Still, a good Grass type can save the day when going up against Electric, Rock, Ground or Water types. Best Pokémon: Tangela, Exeggutor, Venusaur . Tangela has the advantage that it learns a lot of Grass techniques on its own without the need of TMs. Mega Drain and Bind are two of the most useful Grass attacks.
Pokemon Go Type Chart: Strengths Effectiveness Weaknesses And Resistances Explained
In Pokemon Go, Every type of Pokemon has four different relationships with other types any trainer should be aware of. That is:
- Strong Against: represented on our type chart as Strong Vs, attacks from the listed type against the type listed here will deal additional damage to your opponent. This is ‘Super Effective’.
- Weak Against: represented here as Weak Vs, attacks from the listed type against these types will do less damage to the enemy. This is ‘Not very effective…’
- Resistance: listed as resist, taking attacks from this type will do much less damage to you.
- Vulnerable: your type’s weaknesses. Attacks of these types will deal more damage – watch out!
So, for instance, Offensively a Ground-type Pokemon/move is Strong against Poison, Rock, Steel, Fire and Electric types, dealing double damage to them. It only does 50% damage against Flying, Bug and Grass Pokemon. Defensively, that same Ground-type Pokemon will take reduced damage from Poison, Rock and Electric Pokemon but also take double damage from Water, Grass and Ice – which is vulnerable to.
With that explained, let’s get into the Pokemon Go type chart in full.
Recommended Reading: Randomize Pokemon Ultra Sun
Tips On How To Remember Pokmon Types
For anyone who has invested years of play into this series, the type system becomes second nature. While in time your memory too will retain most of, if not the full set of relationships it is worth learning the logical relationships that do exist.
The classic example taught at the beginning of every Pokémon game is that fire is super effective against grass, which is in turn super effective against water, which is in turn super effective against fire. This is easy enough to follow fire burns grass, grass thrives with water, water puts out fire but finding similar relationships in the other 18 types is will help you remember the system.
Here are some other ideas to get you started:
- Rocks effectiveness against flying is reminiscent of the phrase kill two birds with one stone
- Similarly, psychic is effective against fighting because brains are better than brawn but psychic is vulnerable to dark and ghost because the mind cannot cope with the unknown and supernatural
- Ground types are immune to electric attacks because being grounded is an important principle in electric circuits but ground can be swept away be water, cracked by ice and exploited by grass.
With the addition of new types over the years, the Pokémon type system has got a little more complicated than Rock-Paper-Scissors, but once you’ve committed the above to memory , you’ll have no problem finding the right Pokémon for the right job.
How This Affects Pokmon With Multiple Types
As I mentioned before, some Pokémon will have multiples types, and this table gets even more tricky to understand once you start looking at how interactions like that work. The good news is there’s a pretty simple way to break it down.
All modifiers for damage by a particular attack are calculated together when it comes to dealing with Pokémon that have multiple types.
For example, if you use a Flying attack against a Pokémon with both Bug and Grass types, it would do four times as much damage, since Flying attacks usually do double damage to each type.
Following in the pattern, if you were to use a Ground attack against a Pokémon with both Bug and Grass types, it would do 1/4 of the damage, since ground attack normally would do 1/2 damage to each type.
Read Also: How To Delete A Save File On Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Sword & Shield Type Chart: Strengths Weaknesses And Resistances Listed
There are 18 Pokemon types in all: Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Flying, Fighting, Poison, Electric, Ground, Rock, Psychic, Ice, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Dragon, Dark and Fairy. Here’s a full type chart showing how they all interact. Here’s how to use the chart:
- If you’re attacking, work from your type on the left to the enemy type on the top. If defending, do the opposite – find your type on the top and work left to the attacker list.
- A 1x indicates an attack will do standard damage based on your Pokemon and the move’s stats.
- A 2x indicates a Super-effective move – it’ll do double the normal amount of damage.
- A 0.5 indicates a Not very effective move – it’ll do half the normal amount of damage.
- A 0 indicates a Not effective move, which won’t do any damage at all.
If you prefer your strengths and weaknesses to be written out a little more in black-and-white, here they are by Pokemon type. In this table…
- The Super Effective Vs. column shows what the type on the left is effective against in battle.
- The Not Very Effective Vs. column reveals the types the attacking type will do less damage to. Immunities are also listed here – they’re always last, and are denoted by brackets.
- The Resist Damage column shows you what moves won’t be very effective against the Pokemon type on the left when it is defending.
- The Weak Vs. column reveals what types the type listed on the left will suffer super effective moves when attacked by their moves.
Pokemon Type Weaknesses And Strengths Chart Explained
Despite the table above, there is actually much more to type effectiveness than meets the eye. For example:
- Super effective moves will deal double the damage, whereas weak moves will deal half. There are also a few moves that will deal no damage at all, such as normal-type attacks against ghost-types.
- Dual-types also play an important role. Dual-type Pokemon, as the name suggests, have two types. If the move you are using is effective against both the opposing Pokemons typing, it will deal 4x the damage. Conversely, if the move is weak against both, then it will be just 1/4 of the overall damage.
The best example of a super-effective type attack is using a water attack against a rock and/or ground type. In this instance, Geodude would be 4x more susceptible against any water Pokemon attacks directed at it.
The opposite of this would occur when a Fairy-type move is used a mon like Heatran, which is a dual steel/fire-type. This would result in just 1/4 of the damage.
Learning all of these strengths and weaknesses will undoubtedly take time, but utilizing our guide here when in doubt will help you on your way to becoming Galars number one trainer in the region!
So, there you have it. Everything you need to know about Pokemon Sword and Shields weaknesses and strengths type chart. Want some more tips on your way to becoming the very best? Check out our lists and guides:
Also Check: How To Weigh Pokemon Packs Without A Scale
Pokemon Types Strengths & Weaknesses
D E F E N S E If a Pokemon type is listed as Immune against, it will take no damage from attacks of that type. If a Pokemon type is listed as Strong Defense Against, the Pokemon will only take half damage from attacks of that type. If a Pokemon type is listed as Weak Defense Against, the Pokemon will sustain double damage from attacks of that type.
O F F E N S E If a Pokemon attack type is listed as Strong Attack Against, its attacks will deal double damage to the specified Pokemon type. If a Pokemon attack type is listed as Weak Attack Against, its attacks will only deal half damage to the specified Pokemon type. If a Pokemon attack type is listed as No Effect Against, its attacks will deal no damage to the specified Pokemon type.
|Bug Weakness and Immunities|
Every Type’s Strengths And Weaknesses
The more you can remember from the table below, the better, as it will help you know which Pokémon and which moves to use against your opponents. Here’s a quick guide on how to read this table:
- Type: The type of Pokémon/move
- Super Effective: The types of Pokémon the attack type will do double damage against
- Not Very Effective: The types of Pokémon the attack type will do half damage against
- Weak: The types of attacks that will do double damage to a Pokémon of this type
- Immune: Types that this Pokémon type is immune to meaning they take no damage.
Using the information above and the table,e below, you can deduce everything you need to know about how each type interacts with each other. Here’s an example of how this breaks down:
- Bug attacks are super effective against Grass and Psychic-type Pokémon and will deal double damage.
- Bug attacks will do half damage to Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ghost, Steel, Fire, Dark-type Pokémon.
- Bug Pokémon are weak to Flying, Rock, Fire, and thus will take double damage from these types of attacks.
- Bug Pokémon are not immune to any damage.
Recommended Reading: Pokemon Go How To Become Lucky Friends
Pokmon Type Chart: Strengths Weaknesses And Effectiveness Explained
Use this Pokémon type chart in Sword and Shield or Pokémon GO to ensure you deal super effective damage at all times.
Knowing the Pokémon type chart is one of the most important elements to becoming a top trainer. Whether youre new to the series or want to double-check something in an important battle, weve got you covered. After all, memorising all 898 Pokémons weaknesses and resistances is nigh-impossible, so its always worth checking back to be sure your team is in good shape.
A Pokémons type dictates whether it is stronger or weaker against other Pokémon. If youre at an advantage, youll deal super effective damage and if youre weaker, youll do not very effective damage. In some situations, your attack could have no effect whatsoever, so its important to get to grips with the 18 Pokémon types to maximise your damage output. Whether you are piloting one of the best Pokémon in Pokémon GO or in a Pokémon Sword and Shield ranked match, knowing the type chart is one of the biggest factors in winning or losing.
The easiest way to begin is with the three starting types. Pokémon Sword and Shield offers Scorbunny, Grookey, and Sobble to start your adventure Fire, Grass, and Water-types respectively. Fire is super effective on Grass, Grass is super effective on Water, and Water is super effective on Fire. Scorbunny beats Grookey, Grookey beats Sobble, and Sobble beats Scorbunny. Its just the Pokémon version of the circle of life.
How Do You Get Galvantula
You can find and catch Galvantula within South Lake Miloch and has 70 HP, 77 Attack, 97 SP Attack, 60 Defense, 60 SP Defense and 108 Speed Max IV Stats. It launches electrified fur from its abdomen as its means of attack. Opponents hit by the fur could be in for three full days and nights of paralysis.
What is the best bug type move?
Bug Type Moves Bug Type Moves are strong against Dark, Grass, Psychic Type Pokemon, but are weak against Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Poison, Steel. Move Category Bug Bite Fast Bug Buzz Charge Fury Cutter Fast
Can gyarados learn fly?
Gyarados has been described as both one of the most well known and most powerful Pokémon. With the exceptions of Bounce and Hurricane, it cannot learn flying-type moves despite it being a flying-type pokemon.
What is psychic weak to?
What is water type weak to?
Ground Fire Rock
Also Check: How To Soft Reset Pokemon Ultra Moon
Pokemon Go Weakness Chart 2021
Understanding your Pokemon types lets you know how to choose the best Pokemon in different battles. Here is the full weakness chart of all Pokemon Types in this game that you need to know.
|Flying, Bug, Ice, Fire, Poison|
|Grass, Ground, Fighting, Steel, Water|
From this Pokemon Go Weakness Chart, we know all types that your Pokemon is weak against. For example:
- Fighting-type weaknesses are Fairy, Flying, and Psychic moves.
- Flying-type weaknesses are Electric, Ice, and Rock moves.
- Water-type weaknesses include Electric, Grass moves.
- Ice Pokemon weaknesses are Fighting, Fire, Rock, and Steel move sets.
A lot of Pokemons have two types. Therefore, you need to check the weakness of all those types. To defeat enemy Pokemons and win every battle, you also need to avoid those weaknesses and maximize your strength.
Type Chart For Pokemon Sword And Shield
Weve built a type chart below featuring all 18 types found in Pokemon Sword and Shield. There have been some new types added in recent years, so keeping track of all of the specific interactions has gotten a little tricky. Alongside each type youll find a list of the types it is strong against and weak to. Well then go into some detail on each type.
|Dark, Ice, Normal, Rock, Steel||Fairy, Flying, Psychic|
|Bug, Fire, Flying, Ice, Poison|
|Ground||Electric, Fire, Poison, Rock, Steel||Grass, Ice, Water|
|Fighting, Grass, Ground, Steel, Water|
You May Like: How To Soft Reset Pokemon Ultra Moon
Top Strongest Pokemons 2021 & How To Counter
Base on the Pokemon Go Weakness Chart 2021, you can find out some stronger and weaker Pokemon types. Single-type and dual-type Pokemons are often better than multiple-type ones because they will have fewer weaknesses.
Here are the top 10 strongest Pokemons in Pokemon GO as well as examples of how to counter them based on the types they are weak against.