How To Evolve Eevee Into Vaporeon Jolteon And Flareon
First, youll need to obtain 25 Eevee Candies by catching Eevees and sending them to Professor Willow. Once you have them, using the 25 candies will turn your Eevee into one of the three original evolutions.
However, there is a trick that can guarantee which Eeveelution youll receive, though it only works once for each form. By changing Eevees name to a particular nickname, you can choose which Eeveelution youll receive. The names are as follows:
- Vaporeon Rainer
- Flareon Pyro
How To Obtain And Use The New Evolution Items In Pokemon Go
Dozens of new Pokemon arrived in Pokemon Go this week, but in order to acquire some of them, youll have to make use of the new evolution items that Niantic added to the game. In the following post, were going to explain how exactly each of those items work and what you need to do in order to get your hands on them.
First of all, the only way to obtain these evolution items is to visit PokeStops and spin the Photo Discs. Items appear randomly, so whether you receive one or not is purely up to chance. Unfortunately, all you can do if you dont have the necessary evolution item is to keep spinning Photo Discs until one appears.
Once you finally do find an evolution item, you can check this list to see which Pokemon it affects:
- Dragon Scale
- Seadra evolves into Kingdra for 100 candies
Jacob started covering video games and technology in college as a hobby, but it quickly became clear to him that this was what he wanted to do for a living. He currently resides in New York writing for BGR. His previously published work can be found on TechHive, VentureBeat and Game Rant.
How Can You Get Evolution Items In Pokmon Go
Getting evolution items is slightly different than collecting candy. Theyre luck-based drops youll be able to obtain from PokéStop Discs. Considering there are a handful of them and the drop rates of evolution items are lower than other ones, it may take a while to land the evolution item you need.
Theres no way of knowing which evolution item youll get from spinning PokéStops, meaning you should have as many of them as possible while youre out and about so you can have a stack for later.
From time to time, evolution items are also handed out as research quest rewards during special events. These research challenges usually require you to complete certain tasks, and most of them only take a couple of hours to complete.
The prize labeled as Mystery Item in the Go Battle League also has a small chance of being an evolution item, but the drop rates of them for this method are also unknown.
You May Like: Trade Shiny Pokemon Go
How To Get Sweet Apple
|Effect||Evolves Applin to Appletun|
Give Applin To Boy In Hammerlocke
In order to get a Sweet Apple in Pokemon Shield, visit the boy in Western Hammerlocke. Hell be by the exit of the town and will be wearing a red jacket. Give him an Applin to get the Sweet Apple item.
What Does The Upgrade Do In Pokmon Go
Upgrade is an evolutionary item that is needed to evolve Porygon into Porygon2. You need the Upgrade and 25 Candy to get Porygon2. The same Mega Battle Challenge quest will get you a Sinnoh Stone, which will once again be necessary to evolve Porygon2 into Porygon-Z. Youll need that Sinnoh Stone and 100 Candy for the final form.
Why did we get an item for Porygon in a quest about Mega Beedrill? Porygon will be Pokémon. Community Day Porygon will be September 20, and youll have plenty of chances to find Porygon and even Shiny Porygon to use your Upgrade on.
Evolving Porygon2 into Porygon-Z during the event will let it learn the new to Pokémon GO Tri Attack. Youll want the Upgrade and Sinnoh Stone ready to evolve Porygon on Community Day.
The items will be consumed when used, so be sure to use them on your strongest Porygon to make the most of them.
Read Also: Strength Pokemon Platinum
Panchams Design Was Likely Inspired By Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda is a popular media franchise, and some players think that Pancham may have been based on it based on general similarities. Pancham and the main character Po from KungFu Panda are both martial art pandas, and that is their main similarity.
This theory definitely makes sense, and considering that a lot of children love the Kung Fu Panda franchise, it makes even more sense that Gamefreak would decide to design a Pokémon based around it.
You May Like: What Is Good Against Electric Type Pokemon
How To Use The Dragon Scale In Pokemon Go
The good news is that you can only use your Dragon Scale on one specific Pokemon but youre going to want to take a trip to the seaside or your nearest river. Combo up the Dragon Scale with 100 Horsea candies to evolve Seadra into Kingdra.
– Seadra evolves into Kingdra with Dragon Scale and 100 Horsea candy
Don’t Miss: Spawn Pokemon In Pixelmon
Pokemon Go All Evolution Items How To Use Where To Get
To evolve a Pokémon in Pokémon Go, you must fulfill a series of criteria. You cant level them up as in the other titles. You must provide them with candy. Theyll evolve into their next evolution once youve collected enough.
Some Pokémon require evolution objects, such as when you consume a Fire Stone on an Eevee to transform it into a Flareon. In Pokémon Go, there are a few different evolution pieces to obtain, and they all produce the same results.
Other Special Cases For Evolution In Pokmon Go
While most Pokémon evolve with Candy and a possible Evoluton Item, there are some other Pokémon who evolve a little differently.
Other methods for evolving Pokémon include:
Evolution methods for unreleased Pokémon, including Tyrunt, Amaura, and Galarian Slowking are based on datamining and subject to change.
Read Also: How To Use A Pokemon Randomizer
What Do Evolution Items Do In Pokemon Go
If youve spun a Pokestop for the seventh day in a row or finished your weekly research breakthrough task and found a brand new shiny thing youve never seen before, you can say hello to your first Pokemon Go evolution item. You might even have a few you dont know you have, so pop into your items list and have a quick scroll.
Evolution items were introduced with the Gen 2 update all the way back in 2017 and mean a whole stack of new mon via evolution if you hoard your candy just right. So far, weve only got one fourth generation item, the Sinnoh Stone, but youre going to need it for a stack of 4th generation Pokemon evolutions. More on that below but the current evolution items are as follows:
- Dragon Scale
- Mossy Lure
- Glacial Lure
Each one can be used to evolve one of your existing Pokemon into a new evolution. Below are each of the ways you can use evolution items.
Pokemon That Evolve Using Special Items
Right now, only eight Pokemon evolve using anything other than candy. Here’s a list and what you need to evolve them:
- Gloom needs one sun stone and 100 candies to evolve into a Bellossom.
- Sunkern need one sun stone and 50 candies to evolve into a Sunflora.
- Poliwhirl needs one king’s rock and 100 candies to evolve into a Politoed.
- Slowpoke needs one king’s rock and 50 candies to evolve into a Slowking.
- Onix needs one metal coat and 50 candies to evolve into Steelix.
- Scyther needs one metal coat and 50 candies to evolve into a Scizor.
- Seadra needs one dragon scale and 100 candies to evolve into Kingdra.
- Porygon needs one upgrade item and 50 candies to evolve into Porygon2.
There are two different ways to evolve a Slowpoke.
Explorers Of Time And Darkness Explorers Of Sky
In Explorers of Time and Darkness, and Explorers of Sky, the players team must graduate from Wigglytuffs Guild to gain access to Luminous Spring, the only place in the game where the player can evolve a Pokémon. However, the player character and partner cannot evolve until they defeat Palkia and Manaphy returns.
What You Should Know About Evolutions In Pokmon Go
As with Powering Up, there are some important things to bear in mind for evolving your Pokémon.
- Evolving is one of the main ways you can earn a large amount of XP over a short period of time to level up quickly, and so if you happen to have a spare Lucky Egg, you might want to hold back on evolving – saving those Pidgeys, Caterpies, and Weedles in particular.
- Generally, you want to completely avoid evolving in the early game unless you’re using that Lucky Egg strategy. You can’t battle Gyms until Level 5, and can’t reasonably get any Pokémon that could actually challenge a Gym until the Level 10-15 mark. As tempting as it can be to get that first one under your belt, because you’ll likely catch stronger Pokémon as you Level up as a Trainer anyway, it really is best to wait.
- A Pokémon’s IVs – or natural strength or potential – stay the same after it has evolved.
- A Pokémon’s moves are randomised each time it evolves, and can’t be changed in any other way.
- You should always evolve a Pokémon fully when you can – so, a Geodude all the way through Graveler to a Golem – because otherwise the time it takes to earn another 100 Candy for your respective Pokémon will likely see you level up enough to catch a higher Level version. Waiting to do it in one go saves you the time and resources it would cost to Power Up a low-Level Pokémon to the same Level as one you’ve caught later on.
Recommended Reading: How Many Shiny Pokemon Are There
How To Use The Kings Rock In Pokemon Go
Now heres where the choices come in. Kings Rock can be used in two different ways, which means you might already have the candies you need for at least one Pokemon evolution.
Kings Rock can not only evolve Poliwhirl into the froglike Politoed, it also turns Slowpoke into Slow King. As ever youre going to need serious candies for both Pokemon.
– Poliwhirl evolves into Politoed with Kings Rock and 100 Poliwag candy
– Slowpoke evolves into Slow King with Kings Rock and 50 Slowpoke candy
Where To Get Evolution Items
- Gathering candy and obtaining evolution items are not the same thing. You can get them from PokéStop Discs and theyre luck-based.
- Given the limited number of them and the reduced drop levels of evolution components compared to other items, obtaining the evolution item you require may take some time.
- Because you never know which evolution product youll have from PokeStops, you must collect as much as you can.
- Evolution items are occasionally given out as a prize for completing a research mission during special occasions. Many of these research obstacles only take a short while to accomplish!
If you have any questions regarding Pokemon Go, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content related to Pokemon Go, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Until next time, Stay Safe, Wear A Mask, and Happy Gaming!
Recommended Reading: How To Become A Pokémon Retailer
Pokmon Go: How To Get Evolution Items
Pokémon GO now includes Pokémon which need specific items with which to evolve. These items can be obtained at random from PokéStops. They are as follows:
- Dragon Scale which will evolve Seadra into Kingdra with 100 Horsea Candies
- Kings Rock which will evolve Slowpoke into Slowking with 50 Slowpoke Candies OR evolve Poliwhirl into Politoed with 100 Poliwag Candies
- Metal Coat which will evolve Scyther into Scizor with 50 Scyther Candies OR evolve Onix into Steelix with 50 Onix Candies
- Sun Stone which will evolve Sunkern into Sunflora with 50 Sunkern Candies OR evolve Gloom into Bellossom with 100 Oddish Candies
- Up Grade which will evolve Porygon into Porygon 2 with 50 Porygon Candies
What You Should Know About Powering Up In Pokmon Go
There are several important points worth bearing in mind for when you’re looking to Power Up your Pokémon:
- Powering Up a Pokémon raises its CP – but a Pokémon’s CP only indicates its strength right now, and doesn’t take into account a Pokémon’s potential. It might just have a higher CP because it’s a higher Level.
- So, it’s the Pokémon with the highest potential CP that you want to spend your resources Powering Up, not necessarily the one that has the highest CP right now.
- A Pokémon’s potential is indicated by its IVs – hidden stats, given at random to each individual Pokémon you catch. You can check them using an IV calculator such as this.
- The white bar above your Pokémon indicates how close it is to its maximum Level. Powering Up pushes the white bar along its arc by raising your Pokémon’s Level – which caps out at 1.5 Levels above your own current Trainer Level, with the cap increasing as you Level up.
- With the Stardust and Candy costs increasing significantly for higher-Level Pokémon, you’ll soon find it’s awfully expensive to Power Up a Pokémon to its maximum strength from a very low CP.
- As of April 2020, it’s possible to power up Pokémon levels in bulk instead of incrementally. This is a huge time saver, but it also means a lot of Stardust and Candy will disappear from your inventory in one go, so make sure you are certain about the Pokémon you want to invest in!
You May Like: Rocket Radar Pokemon Go
What Are Evolution Items In Pokmon Go
Even the very first Pokémon games featured a handful of special case Pokémon who could only evolve with Evolution Items or other special methods. Even the most recognizable Pokémon out there, Pikachu requires an Evolution Item in the core Pokémon games. Pokémon Go has far fewer Evolution Items and special cases for Evolution than the core games, but there are a few.
The Evolution Items currently available in Pokémon Go:
If and when you get one, it’ll show up in your Items list alongside your Poké Balls, Potions, Lucky Eggs, etc.
Dragon Scale Evolutions In Pokemon Go
This is another item that only has one evolution to be paired up with, so your choices are limited, but its worth it. Seadra evolves into Kingdra, which gives it a Dragon-type. Plus, Kingdra looks cool as hell.
- Seadra > Kingdra
Though it feels like they couldve found a better Pokemon to use a Dragon Scale, honestly.
Don’t Miss: Fairy Weak To
What Pokmon Should I Evolve
If youre prioritizing attackers for raids, Mamoswine is one of the best. It has a mix of extremely high CP, with strong ground and ice-type moves, making it a solid pick for most Legendary raids. Roserade is also one of thebest grass-types, and Electivire is one of the best electric-types
However, if you want to evolve a Lickilicky just to have a cute, round friend, thats a pretty good option, too.
Hidden Tips For Pokemon Go Fanatics
Step back out into the world, and master these tricks to become the ultimate Pokemon Go trainer.
Pokemon Go has captured the worlds heart, and maybe even made America great again. In fact, not even a global pandemic significantly slowed Pokemon Gos momentum. With some precautions, we can catch them all, and stay healthy at the same time.
Pokemon Go has received several updates since its launch, making it incredibly fun to play. It requires you to get up, leave the couch, and visit real-world locations to replenish important items, participate in Gym and Raid Battles, and of course, catch wild Pokemon. The rules have been relaxed during the COVID-19 era , but going outside is still generally the point.
Unfortunately, the game provides little guidance on the nuances of catching, collecting, and evolving Pokemontheres barely a tutorial. If youre just starting out, see How to Get Started and Catch Em All for a primer on what every icon means, how to capture Pokemon, and other basics.
The following advanced tips and tricks go one step further to help you truly master Pokemon Go, use it to enhance your other Pokemon adventures on consoles, and maybe, just maybe, put you in the mood for the upcoming Pokemon Sleep.
You May Like: Whats Super Effective Against Psychic
How To Get The Upgrade
The Upgrade is obtained from spinning Pokestops and Gyms.There is a very low drop chance of around 1% per spin to receivea Upgrade or any of the other evolution item, and thereis an equal chance of obtaining each of the 5 currently available items.
There’s no way to ensure that the Upgrade will drop,but with only 4 other items, there’s a greater than 50% chancethat you’ll receive one once you’ve spun over 250 Pokéstops.
The 7th day streak bonus gives you a very high chance of obtainingone of the evolution item, but it’s not believed to be guaranteed.