What About The Other Methods Of Gathering Stardust
If you paid attention to the charts above, you might be tempted instead to hatch eggs and focus on the various other bonuses. That’s fair enough, their single reward is pretty high.
What you’re not taking into context, is how long it takes to perform those actions though. Hatching an egg requires walking that particular distance, and you can’t just use berries whenever you want to.
However, you should definitely try and combine the bonuses to maximise your daily output. For example, if you have a ton of time on your hands, you could try and walk 10km and catch as many Pokémon as you can along the way.
When you get back, you’ll get up to 3,200 stardust as well as however much you managed to gather along the way.
The only thing to bear in mind with this method is that it can be counterproductive to walk in a rural area, as you won’t come across very many Pokémon. So you have to consider how long it takes you to walk 10km versus how many Pokémon you could catch in a busy area in that time.
Finally, target Pokémon that provide the current weather effect boost. You don’t get showered with stardust for doing it, but for every four first evolution Pokémon you catch, you’ll basically get the amount of stardust you would have caught from catching five.
Make Friends And Swap Gifts
Making friends is a fairly new feature on Go and one that you should be taking advantage of! Gifts sometimes appear at Pokéstops and these can be sent to friends to increase your friendship level. They can also send you Gifts back once every 24 hours. You can open 20 gifts per day.
Many Gifts contain Stardust, so add friends and start sending and receiving! This is also a great way to top up on Pokéballs.
Don’t have any friends who play Go? No worries! If you have a Twitter account, you can tweet your friend code and use these hashtags:
After tweeting this, I got over 100 friend requests! Give it a try.
Pokmon Go: How To Get Maximum Stardust Fast
Even more than Candy, Stardust is the currency of Pokémon Go. You need it to power up your Pokémon for Gym battles and Raids. You also need it to trade them with other players and to buy secondary charge moves. As though all that wasn’t enough, Stardust is also necessary for Purifying Shadow Pokémon. Fortunately, we here at iMore know how to earn Stardust fast, and be sure to check out our best Pokémon Go accessories. A Pokémon Go Plus is sure to increase your Stardust stock!
Don’t Miss: Why Is My Pokemon Go Not Working
What’s The Fastest Way To Get Stardust In Pokmon Go
The most reliable and fastest method is to do what you do best: catch Pokémon.
The amount of stardust you get when you catch a Pokémon is determined by its evolution. You get 100 for the first, 300 for the second, and a massive 500 for the third.
But in all likelihood, you’ll have a much easier time catching a Pokémon in its first evolution, so we recommend starting there. Also, target heavily populated areas like city centres.
Why? So you can catch as many as possible within a short timeframe. That way you’ll have a plentiful supply of stardust whenever you need it.
How To Earn More Stardust In Pokemon Go
There are tons of different ways players can earn more Stardust in the game.
- Use a Star Piece: This item increases the Stardust by 1.5 for a limited time. This is great for earning more Stardust.
- Participate in Spotlight Hours: These limited-time events provide the player with double the Stardust for catching certain Pokemon. This happens once per week with a different Pokemon for the month of January.
- Hatch Eggs: Hatch as many eggs as possible and make sure there is always an egg inside of an Incubator.
- Weather Boost: Look at which Pokemon typing is currently supported by the weather. These Pokemon will earn the player more Stardust.
- Complete Field Research: The player can be rewarded with thousands of Stardust upon completing these tasks.
- Participate in Raids: Players can do 1 free raid per day and will reward the player with a lot of Stardust.
- Capture Pokemon: The more Pokemon you catch, the more Stardust you will collect.
Stardust is essential for growing a strong Pokemon team. Make sure to invest this Stardust into your favorite Pokemon or Pokemon with high appraiser stats. This is essential to making it as a Pokemon Master in this game.
Pokemon Go is available now on iOS and Android.
Recommended Reading: How To Find Pokemon Go Friends
Capturing Pokemon/daily Capture/weather Boost
The most rudimentary way that you can get Stardust in Pokemon GO is by capturing Pokemon.
Most base Pokemon offer 100 Stardust when captured, if its a first-stage evolution its 300 and a second-stage evolution is 500. If the Pokemon is then weather boosted, you will gain an extra 25, 75 or 125 Stardust respectively.
There are some Pokemon that when captured, yield a higher amount of Stardust. They are:
Then, should you play Pokemon GO every day, you can gain an extra 1800 Stardust for your first capture of the day and a bonus of 9000 for capturing a Pokemon seven days in a row.
Tl;dr: How Do You Get Stardust In Pokmon Go Fast
If you just want to grind for Stardust similarly to grinding for XP:
- Buy a Pokémon Go Plus and catch as many Pokémon as you can, as often as you can. Especially Weather boosted Pokémon.
- Buy Incubators and collect and hatch as many Pokémon Eggs as you can, all the time.
- Feed as many Berries to as many friendly Pokémon as you can every half hour.
- Open the maximum of 20 Gifts a day to get as much Stardust as you can from them.
- Find and complete all the Field Research tasks that give you Stardust as a reward.
- Make sure to use at least your Free Raid Pass to get the Stardust reward every day.
- Use a Star Piece to get 1.5x more Star Dust whenever you’re about to grind hard-core.
- When and if there’s a Stardust event, make the most of it. Do all the above and make sure you always have a Star Piece active to multiply your earnings.
There are a variety of ways to get Stardust in Pokémon Go:
Stardust from catches
- 100 Stardust per base-level Pokémon caught in the wild.
- 300 Stardust per 2nd-evolution Pokémon caught in the wild.
- 500 Stardust per 3rd-evolution Pokémon caught in the wild.
- 600 Stardust for each Daily Catch Bonus.
- 3000 Stardust for the 7-day Weekly Catch Bonus.
Stardust from Weather-boosted catches
- 125 Stardust per Weather-boosted base-level Pokémon caught in the wild.
- 350 Stardust per Weather-boosted 2nd-evolution Pokémon caught in the wild.
- 625 Stardust per Weather-boosted 3rd-evolution Pokémon caught in the wild.
Stardust from hatches
Stardust from Gyms
Stardust from Gifts
Read Also: Can You Trade Pokemon Back In Pokemon Go
Pokemon Go: Top Ways To Earn Stardust
Niantic has made sure that players have plenty of opportunities to earn Stardust in Pokemon GO. Some of the best ways to earn Stardust can be found below:
GO Battle League
- Winning the first and fifth battle rewards players with a good amount of stardust in the GO Battle League. With an active Premium Battle Pass, players can get additional stardust by winning the third battle of the round. In addition, completing all daily battles also rewards Stardust. While these rewards are based on your PvP rank in a particular Battle League season, they still matter. The amount of stardust that is earned really depends on the dedication. The more a player fights, the more stardust they can take home.
- Gifts players receive from other Trainers on their Pokemon GO Friends List can contain 100-300 stardust when opened.
Raiding and Team GO Rocket
- Pokemon GO Battle Rewards for Stardust dont stop at PvP battles. Arena raids on raid boss Pokémon can reward a good amount of stardust once the boss is defeated. Pokemon GO players can also get Stardust by defeating Team GO Rocket members. Defeating Grunt, Leader, or Giovanni will yield varying amounts of stardust.
Catch wild Pokémon
- This option is pretty self-explanatory to most Pokemon GO trainers, but catching Pokemon rewards players with Stardust at a constant but low rate. While conquering Pokemon doesnt reward much stardust, it does make sure the resource is constantly dripping.
Hatching Eggs and Adventure Sync Rewards
Catch A Ton Of Pokemon
This goes without saying, catching Pokemon is by far one of the most convenient ways to acquire stardust. With every catch, you can easily get three Pokemon candies along with 100 candy. So even the most low-level Pokemon such as Pidkeys and Drowzees eventually add ups. Participating in the 7-day Catch Bonus is yet another way to acquire 3000 stardust. Hereâs a comprehensive list of all the stardust you can get:
- 100 stardust for every base-level Pokemon
- 300 stardust for every 2nd-evolution Pokemon
- 500 stardust for every 3rd-evolution Pokemon
- 3000 stardust for 7-day Catch Bonus
Recommended Reading: How To Make Fake Pokemon Cards
How Do I Get Stardust In Pokmon Go
You can get stardust in numerous different ways in Pokémon GO. Here are the various methods in bullet points:
- Catching Pokémon.
- Daily and weekly bonuses.
- Weather effect boosts.
Now you’re likely wondering how much stardust you get for performing each action. Well, fortunately for you, we’ve popped it in a handy selection of tables for you.
How To Power Up Pokemon In Pokemon Go
Powering up, also known as levelling up, is quite simple and will increase the combat and health points of a Pokemon of your choosing. Powering up is
All intellectual property rights in and to Pokemon, Pokemon Go and other related titles, off-shoots, derivative works, etc are owned by their respective rights owners including, but not limited to, Pokemon Co. / Nintendo / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc., including copyrighted images and trademarks. Pokemon-world.com and Lemonade Dragon, LLC are not affiliated with Pokemon or its various rights owners in any way.
Read Also: Is Ho Oh A Legendary Pokemon
Part 4: What Kind Of Stardust Can I Get From Research
There are various tasks that you need to complete during Field Research. Sometimes it could be catching a few Pokemon, or hatching some eggs. And the best part is that, with all these tasks, you can always get assured gifts including items, Pokemon encounters, and lastly stardust.
- You can always expect 100-4000 stardust while completing any field mission.
- You will get 2000 stardust after completing seven field missions in a row.
Pokemon With High Capture Reward Stardust
While unevolved Pokemon typically grant 100 Stardust, and any evolved Pokemon tend to gain +200 per evolution undergone, some Pokemon simply have higher Stardust reward values right away.
To simplify things, Ive compiled a list here of Pokemon who have higher than average Stardust reward values and included how much capture Stardust they grant next to them below.
- Paras 500
And again, try to bear in mind these are all base values of capture reward Stardust.
That means all of those can get a +25% modifier if you capture them during a weather boost.
So with all of that said, if you see some of these Pokemon spawning frequently near you, make sure to capture plenty of them to top up your Stardust.
Recommended Reading: What Does Psa Mean Pokemon Cards
Getting Stardust From Battles
Another small way to keep your Stardust topped up is through battling. Defeating Team Rocket will net you 100 Stardust a time, so again its a little and often approach which will make the big difference. Youll also get 500 Stardust when you win a Raid, but as we explain later on, you might have to spend Stardust to make Stardust here, as getting your Pokemon in tip top shape requires some Stardust expenditure. The difficulty of the Raid does not influence the Stardust you get, so it might be worth using that free Raid Pass every day on the easier Raids if youre looking to raise your Stardust.
Know When To Put On A Star Piece
Star Pieces are items that can be bought in the game’s shop that multiple Stardust by 1.5, which can pay off greatly during events with boosted Stardust. Employing the use of a Star Piece, stacked Research encounters, and the Quick Catch method during even just one hour of double Stardust can earn a Pokémon trainer over 100,000 Stardust.
Farming Stardust can be quite a grind, but when looking to power-up Pokémon, it’s an investment that will have a longterm payoff.
You May Like: What’s The Strongest Pokemon In The World
How Much Stardust To Trade A Shiny Pokemon
When you are trading a Shiny Pokemon or a Legendary Pokemon to your friend, you can fix its price as 1,000,000 Stardust. You can bargain and decrease the cost for a Great friend up to 800,000 Stardust.
For Ultra Friends you can decrease it up to 80,000 and for a Best Friend, you can lower the cost up to 40,000 Stardust.
What Is Stardust In Pokemon Go And Why Do You Want It
Stardust is necessary for getting the strongest Pokemon. When you’re powering up your Pokémon, you will need species specific Candy, but you also need a lot of Stardust. You also need Stardust to buy secondary Charge Moves for the Pokémon Go Battle League, Raids, Team GO Rocket battles, and Gyms. The cost grows quickly based on rarity, ranging from 10K for common Pokemon to 100K for Legendary.
You also need Stardust for making trades. Regular trades can cost 100 or less Stardust, depending on your Friendship level. However, trades for new Pokédex entries start at 20,000 Stardust, and Shiny or Legendary trades start at 1,000,000 Stardust! The better friends you are with the other trainer, the lower the cost, but even as Best Friends, it adds up fast.
Now that Team Go Rocket has shown up, you’ll also need Stardust for every Shadow Pokemon you want to purify. Some only cost 1,000 Stardust to purify, while others can cost 3,000 or even 5,000 Stardust, and that’s just the normal Pokémon. If you happen to rescue one of the Legendary Shadow Pokémon from Giovanni, it’s going to cost you 20,000 Stardust to purify! While some players prioritize only the strongest Shadow Pokemon for purification, if you want to earn that medal, it’s ultimately going to cost a lot of Stardust.
In other words, no Stardust, no powering up, no trading, no purifying.
Read Also: Is Pokemon An Anime Or Cartoon
How To Get More Stardust In Pokemon Go
You are most likely already familiar with the most basic method of getting more Stardust, which is to say, capturing a wild Pokemon granting you 100 Stardust a pop.
That isnt terrible, but over the long term it just simply doesnt add up fast enough to fuel the Stardust requirements of numerous strong Pokemon levelling up.
So what can we do to get MORE STARDUST?
Part 3: Tips To Get More Stardust In Pokemon
One of the easiest and most effective ways to get more stardust is to catch as many Pokemon as possible. That being said, the only downside is that you can only catch a certain number of them at any given location. This is where Dr.Fone Virtual Location comes to save the day. You can virtually teleport to any given location in the world, and acquire your Pokemon.
You May Like: How To Soft Reset Pokemon Ultra Moon
What Are Star Pieces In Pokemon Go
Star Pieces in Pokemon Go are those extremely necessary store items that you can purchase from the shop for 100 coins. In Pokemon Go, star pieces can boost the Stardust you have earned so far by increasing them by almost 50%.
But you have to keep in mind that these star pieces can last for a very short period of time. They can only last for 30 minutes. Therefore, you have to be very careful and you need to use them within 30 minutes after you have bought them.
Star Pieces in Pokemon Go are the special things that you can add to your patch 0.85.
Can You Get Stardust In Pokmon Go From Gyms
You can’t get Stardust from battling at Gyms, but you can get it for feeding Pokémon on Gyms if they’re from the same team.
- 20 Stardust per Berry fed to a friendly Pokémon on a Gym.
- 2000 Stardust per 10 Berrys fed to 10 friendly Pokémon on Gyms per 30 minutes.
You get Stardust for every Berry you feed to your own Pokémon, or any Pokémon on a Gym controlled by your team, up to a maximum of 10 Berries to 10 Pokémon every half hour. So, feed a Berry to 10 Pokémon, or feed 10 Berries to a single Pokémon, and you get 200 Stardust but it costs you 10 Razz, Pinap, or Nanab Berries. Feed 10 Berries to 10 Pokémon, and you get 2000 Stardust but it costs you 100 Berries.
So, to equal the maximum reward from the old Defenders Bonus, you would have to feed 250 Berries at the cost of 250 Berries every 21 hours.
To make matters more complicated, you also have to find Pokémon that need to be fed, and Pokémon that need to be fed up to 10 Berries. Since everyone interested in Stardust is competing to feed the same friendly Pokémon on the same Gyms, opportunities can be hard to come by. And that means Stardust can be hard to come by.
You can also get Stardust from beating Raid Bosses:
- 500 Stardust per Raid Boss beaten.
That’s in addition to the usual amount for catching them afterward.
Read Also: How To Tell If A Pokemon Is Shiny