What Are The Best Pokmon Go Sierra Counters For Houndoom
Sierras Houndoom only uses dark and fire moves, and is weak to water, fighting, rock, and ground types, so youve got quite a few options!
- Tyranitar Smack Down and Crunch or Stone Edge
- Terrakion Smack Down and Close Combat or Rock Slide
- Kyogre Waterfall and Surf or Blizzard
- Rhyperior Smack Down or Mud Slap and Rock Wrecker or Surf
- Conkeldurr Counter and Dynamic Punch or Stone Edge
- Swampert Mud Shot and Hydro Cannon or Earthquake
Sierra Pokemon Go Counters
With the Season of Mischief having just started, Trainers can still take down the same 7 different mon from last month when facing off against Sierra.
At the start of every match, Sierra will always send out Sneasel, followed by 6 other rotating Pokemon. While Sierras lineup changes over time, in September, the 7 mon Trainers have the opportunity to face off against are:
- Drapion / Houndoom / Kingdra
Pokemon Go Sierra November 2021 Pokemon Lineup And Best Counters
Team GO Rocket have made their way back into the game, and our favorite enemies are starting to appear again. Yes, thats right, the Team Go Rocket Leaders SIerra, Arlo, and Cliff are back in Pokemon Go, with new Shadow Pokemon lineups and stronger than ever.
One of the Team Go Rocket Leaders is Sierra. You might think that beating Sierra and her Shadow Pokemon is an easy task, but she is far from easy to beat. It turns out the Sierra is one of the most challenging Team Go Rocket Leaders, and to beat her, you must use the best Pokemon counters and the right movesets.
To make it easier for you, we have prepared a list of Sierras line-up, which Pokemon you should choose, and moves, and we hope that it will be easier for you to win this battle.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Mega Stones In Pokemon Go
How To Beat Sierra In Pokmon Go
Call me someone who judges books by their covers, but Sierra doesnt really look like a Team Rocket Admin to me. She looks more like a Team Galactic Admin. Team Plasma, maybe, with her little lightning bolt motif. But I guess when youre a powerful trainer you can wear whatever you want and nobody can tell you different. Heres how to beat Sierra in Pokémon GO for November 2021.
Like Arlo and Cliff, Sierra has a designated partner Pokémon that shell always throw out first, followed by two rounds of one of three random Pokémon. Sierras team lineup for Pokémon GO is as follows:
- Phase 1: Shadow Nidoran
- Phase 2: Shadow Beedrill, Shadow Vileplume, or Shadow Slowbro
- Phase 3: Shadow Houndoom, Shadow Marowak, or Shadow Nidoqueen
Best Gliscor Counters In Pokemon Go
Go for any powerful Pokemon with Ice and Water moves and you should be fine with taking Gliscor out of the fight. The underrated Mamoswine is a great pick if it has the Avalanche move, but if you dont have one that is powered up enough, go for Aurorus, Avalugg or Piloswine and you should get through to the next round without any issues.
Also Check: How To Soft Reset 3ds Pokemon Ultra Sun
Read Also: What Is Fairy Type Pokemon Weak Against
Pokemon Go Sierra Counters For September 2021
Trainers can obtain Mysterious Components in Pokemon Go by fighting Team Go Rocket Grunts at invaded Pokestops. Youll be able to build a Rocket Radar after you have six of them, which will direct you right to the Team Go Rocket Leaders.
Beating Team Go Rocket Leader Sierra in Pokemon Go will take skill, and weve got the best counters and weakness tips to take into battle to lead you to victory against the likes of Sneasel, Kingdra, and Gliscor in September 2021.
What Are The Best Pokmon Go Sierra Counters For Kingdra
If you encounter Sierras Kingdra, it can use water, dragon, and ice moves. Funnily enough, it is weak to both fairy and dragon moves, but be careful with dragon type counters if Kingdra is using dragon moves!
- Palkia Dragon Tail and Draco Meteor or Hydro Pump
- Dialga Dragon breath and Draco Meteor or Iron Head
- Haxorus Dragon Tail and Dragon Claw or Surf
- Rayquaza Dragon Tail and Outrage or Hurricane
- Gardevoir Charm and Dazzling Gleam or Psychic
- Togekiss Charm and Dazzling Gleam or Flamethrower
Read Also: How To Soft Reset Pokemon Ultra Moon
How To Defeat Sierra In Pokmon Go May 2021
Rally your teams for one of Team Rockets captains.
As players take on Team GO Rocket Grunts in Pokémon Go, theyll receive items called Mysterious Components. Piecing them together creates a tracker used to hunt down Team Rockets three captains: Arlo, Cliff, and Sierra.
Six of the Mysterious Components crafts the Rocket Radar, which can be equipped from your bag and will lead you to the Rocket leaders.
With all of the Rocket Balloons floating around the overworld, you can also use the Rocket Radar to spawn all three leaders.
Each captain has a different team comprised of three Pokémon. Which Pokémon will be on the team is randomized, but there are a limited number of possibilities for each captain. While the three bosses may seem difficult at first, those who are well-prepared heading into the match will have no problem taking down the Team Rocket leaders.
So heres everything you need to know about GO Rocket leader Sierra and her Pokémon.
How To Beat Sierra In Pokmon Go For June 2021 Weaknesses Tactics Counters
Sierra and the other Team Rocket Leaders in Pokémon Go have returned to cause even more trouble for June 2021. Right now, they appear to have the same roster they were using at the end of the Luminous Legend Y event from May. However, Giovanni is set to receive a new shadow Pokémon on June 17, and because of this change, we can expect to see a new roster for Sierra, Arlo, and Cliff. For right now, theyre all using the same Pokémon.
If youre looking for Sierra or the other two Team Rocket leaders, youll need a Rocket Radar, which you can receive after defeating six Team Rocket grunts. These grunts drop the mysterious components that automatically combine into the radar. Youll be able to narrow down the location of the Team Rocket leaders hideout and battle them.
Here are all of Sierras Pokémon, their weaknesses, and the best Pokémon to use against her.
Also Check: Where To Find Eevee
Rescuing Strange Eggs From Team Go Rocket
New as of , Trainers can now earn Strange Eggs by defeating the Leaders of Team GO Rocket. These special eggs only carry a select few Poison and Dark type Pokémon, as well as Pokémon that evolve into Poison or Dark types, and they require a whopping 12 KM to hatch. Currently, the following Pokémon can be hatched from Strange Eggs:
Tips And Tricks To Fight Team Go Rocket Leaders
- The Team Go Rocket leaders use Protect Shields, unlike standard Grunts. So, your first Pokemon should ideally be one having a fast move with low energy requirement. This will ensure that they will exhaust their shields quickly, and you can safely attack with your Charge moves of higher energy.
- If you are not able to beat the leaders in the first go, your Rocket Radar will remain intact, and the balloon will continue hovering over you. You can revive your Pokemons, and try again until you win. The team composition and movesets wont chanhge, therefore it might be easier for you to counter them this time.
- The Go Rocket Leaders or any NPC in game including Team Leaders and Grunts will stop attacking for short intervals in some situation. These pauses are quite viable, for you can overcharge your Charged move, to use on the next Pokemon. This not only saves shields, but also your HP by preventing them from attacking. These are-
- After any shield is used
- After any Charged attack is used
- After switching of any Pokemon
You May Like: Pokemon Go Buddy Hearts
How To Defeat Leader Arlo In November Best Counters
This November, Arlo will start with Gligar, which is also his guaranteed match by defeating him. This is the team that we will meet and the selection of opponents that we have made.
- First Pokémon: Gligar.
- Second Pokémon : Mawile, Cradily or Lapras.
- Third Pokémon : Scissors, Gardevoir or Snorlax.
Reward for beating him: Guaranteed encounter with Gligar.
- Mawile: Chandelure, Darmanitan, Volcarona, Moltres.
- Cradily: Metagross, Lucario, Darmanitan, Machamp.
- Lapras: Lucario, Rampardos, Zekrom, Deoxys Ataque.
- Scizor: Reshiram, Chandelure, Volcarona, Blaziken.
- Storage: Metagross, Chandelure, Gengar, Dialga.
- Snorlax: Breelom, Blaziken, Machamp, Conkeldurr.
The Best Counters For Sierra In Pokemon Go
The Team GO Rocket Leaders in Pokemon GO are the equivalent of boss battles.
Having said that, Sierra is perhaps the toughest of the three. With the Season of Mischief beginning and September having already started, there might be a shift in her Pokemon lineup.
Pokemon GO trainers can always jump into this battle with their most powerful Pokemon and hope for the best. However, that isnt advised. Players must assess Sierras Pokemon and their strengths to gain an upperhand in this contest.
Read Also: When Does Machoke Evolve In Pokemon Quest
Recommended Reading: What Is Strong Against Rock Type Pokemon
How To Beat Team Go Rocket Leader Giovanni
The Founder of Team GO Rocket, Giovanni is the only one bringing in Legendary Shadow Pokémon. For the time being, however, his team is more limited than his Executives. His first Pokémon is always Persian and his last is currently Shadow Ho-Oh.
Giovanni’s first Pokémon is Persian. The best Pokémon to counter Persian are Tyranitar, Machamp, Conkeldurr, Lucario, and Hariyama. However, you can also use this time to build up a charged attack for his second Pokémon.
For his second Pokémon, Giovanni could bring Golem. As a Ground and Rock type, Grass and Water are the best bets, but it’s also weak to Fighting, Ground, Ice, and Steel. Some of the top counters include Torterra, Mega Gyarados, Swampert, Mega Venusaur, Kyogre, and Leafeon.
- If he brings Cloyster, this Water and Ice type takes increased damage from Electric, Fighting, Grass, and Rock type moves. Some of the top counters include Melmetal, Shadow Magmortar, Omastar, Arcanine, Regirock, and Lucario.
Machamp could be his second Pokémon. Fairy, Flying, and Psychic types deal super effective damage to this pure Fighting type. Your best options for countering are Lugia, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Shadow Zapdos, Cresselia or Shadow Mewtwo.
Giovanni’s third Pokémon is currently Shadow Ho-Oh. The Legendary Bird is a Flying and Fire type Pokémon so it is weak to Electric and Water, and has a quad weakness to Rock. Top counters include Mega Ampharos, Politoad, Mew, Swampert, Mega Gyarados, Shadow Raikou, and Mega Blastoise.
How To Beat Team Rocket Leader Sierra In Pokmon Go
As players are enjoying Pokémon GO in the warm summer weather, Niantic has put a lot of focus on defeating Team Rocket during the month of June. This includes plenty of Team Rocket Grunts and of course the three Team Rocket leaders.
Potentially the hardest of the three leaders is Sierra, who is currently fielding a lot of different strong Pokémon. Beating Sierra is no piece of cake in June, so its important to pick a team wisely before entering the battle against her. Just like the other leaders, Sierra will have one guaranteed Pokémon in the first round, followed up by three potential Pokémon in rounds two and three respectively.
With a total of seven different Pokémon, its hard to predict how a battle against Sierra will turn out. Its, therefore, important to have three Pokémon on the team that can potentially counter what Sierra is using. To help players along, heres how to beat Sierra in June 2021.
Read Also: Most Powerful Pokemon Non Legendary
What Are The Best Pokmon Go Sierra Counters For Ampharos
Luckily, Sierras Ampharos isnt as tough as it looks! Using mostly electric, dragon, and fighting moves, its only weak to ground, but doesnt put up too much of a fight as long as you pick the right counter.
- Groudon Mud Shot and Earthquake or Solar Beam
- Landorus Mud Shot and Earthquake or Superpower
- Garchomp Mud Shot and Earthquake and Sand Tomb
- Excadrill Mud-Slap and Earthquake or Drill Run
- Rhyperior Mud-Slap and Earthquake or Rock Wrecker
- Landorus Mud Shot and Earthquake or Focus Blast
Team Go Rocket Aerial Attacks
As of July 7, 2020, Team GO Rocket has now taken to the skies. Four times a day, a Team GO Rocket balloon can appear on the map. These encounters work almost identically to Team GO Rocket PokéStop Invasions. Under normal circumstances, Trainers can expect:
- Without a Rocket Radar, you will encounter Grunts.
- Jesse and James in their Meowth hot air balloon are no longer appearing, but should they return, they give you the chance to earn two Mysterious Components for the one balloon.
- With a normal Rocket Radar equipped, you will encounter one of the Team GO Rocket Executives.
- With a Super Rocket Radar equipped, you will have the chance to encounter Giovanni, himself.
- The first balloon will show up between midnight and 6 AM local time.
- The second balloon will show up between 6 AM and noon local time.
- The third balloon will show up between noon and 6 PM local time.
- The final balloon will show up between 6 PM and midnight local time.
The line ups for Shadow Pokémon are the same as if you encountered Team GO Rocket at a PokéStop. If you don’t beat the Executive or Giovanni, your Radar will remain intact until you are able to defeat a Team GO Rocket leader.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Togepi Pokemon Go
Pokemon Go Sierra Counters Flygon
Flygon is a Ground/Dragon-type Pokemon with some powerful moves. Ideally, youll still have one shield left here to block a charged attack from this Pokemon. Youll want to use Fairy, Ice, and Dragon-type Pokemon to beat Flygon. But only go for the latter if the Flygon youre against knows Mud Shot. Otherwise, the Dragon-type moves of Flygon will see you off comfortably. Below is a list of counters that are useful to defeat Flygon.
- Gardevoir, Charm/Synchronoise.
- Alolan Ninetales, Powder Snow/Weather Ball.
- Articuno, Ice Shard/Icy Wind.
These Are The Sierra Pokmon Go Rewards
Taking down a Team Rocket leader is hard work, which is why players will also be rewarded a bit extra for doing so. First of all, defeating Sierra or any other Team Rocket leader will give 1,000 Stardust to help power up Pokémon even stronger.
Furthermore, theres a chance for players to get 12 km eggs, potions, max revives, or even stones to evolve certain Pokémon. Defeating Sierra will also give an encounter with one of her shadow Pokémon.
Don’t Miss: When Does Growlithe Evolve In Pokemon Quest
Locating Team Go Rocket Leaders
Every once in a while in Pokémon Go, you’ll have the chance to battle Team Go Rocket Grunts, and whenever you defeat one, they will drop an item called the Mysterious Component. If you manage to collect six of these, you’ll be able to combine them and craft a Rocket Radar.
This handy item reveals the location of any Leader Hideouts that are in close proximity to you. Once you’ve equipped your Rocket Radar, tap the Rocket Radar button to view the Leader Hideout locations.
As shown in one of the screenshots below, the Leader Hideouts resemble regular Pokéstops on the map. And once you’re nearby, one of the Team Go Rocket Leaders will be standing right by the Leader Hideout.
Before you fight, keep in mind that Leaders are a lot tougher to beat than regular Team Go Rocket Grunts, so make sure that you line up your best Pokémon and that they’re at full health before the fight.
Once you’ve defeated a Leader, your Rocket Radar will disappear, so you will need to either purchase a new one from the Shop or locate and combine six more Mysterious Components in order to battle more Leaders.
How To Beat Sierra In Pokmon Go: All Sierra Counters
In Pokémon Go, you’ll find that to get specific Pokémon, you’ll have to defeat the Team GO Rocket grunts and bosses. The leaders are often the most difficult, but provide the greatest rewards. In this guide, we will focus on how to defeat Sierra and which counters are best against her new Pokémon.
Read Also: When Do You Get The Water Bike In Pokemon Sword
How To Defeat Leader Arlo In August Best Counters
This August, Arlo will start with Venonat, which is also his guaranteed match by defeating him. This is the team that we will meet and the selection of opponents that we have made.
- First Pokémon: Venonat.
- Second Pokémon : Manectric, Crobat or Ursaring.
- Third Pokémon : Magnezone, Vileplume or Scissors.
Reward for beating him: guaranteed encounter with Venonat.
Dont Miss: Pokemon Go Eevee Evolutions Shiny
Pokmon Go: Cliff Sierra Arlo And Giovanni Best Counters August 2021
Editor’s Note: Due to the global pandemic and amount of travel required to complete Team GO Rocket battles at PokéStops, Team GO Rocket monthly Special Research has been far more limited. As of July 7, 2020, Team GO Rocket hot air balloons can now spawn on the map, allowing players to once again challenge Team GO Rocket in a safe way while social distancing. Please follow your local health department’s recommendations, and don’t risk getting sick over a game.
Team GO Rocket has invaded Pokémon Go. Executives Sierra, Cliff, and Arlo are here and you’ll have to fight your way through them to get to the head honcho himself, Giovanni. These fights are tough and it’s gonna take more than a handful of recommended Pokémon. But, if you can beat Giovanni, you’ll get the chance to catch your very own Legendary Shadow Pokémon! Right now, that Shadow Pokémon is none other than Shadow Mewtwo, the most powerful, game-breaking Pokémon in all of Pokémon Go!
Even well-seasoned players, like myself, have struggled against the leaders of Team GO Rocket. Fortunately, we here at iMore know exactly what you need to take on each of these big bads! And make sure to check out our best Pokémon Go accessories, so you an be fully equipped on your Pokémon Journey!
Read Also: When Do Raids End Pokemon Go