Locating Team Go Rocket Leaders
Every once in a while in Pokémon Go, you’ll have the chance to battle Team Go Rocket Grunts, and whenever you defeat one, they will drop an item called the Mysterious Component. If you manage to collect six of these, you’ll be able to combine them and craft a Rocket Radar.
This handy item reveals the location of any Leader Hideouts that are in close proximity to you. Once you’ve equipped your Rocket Radar, tap the Rocket Radar button to view the Leader Hideout locations.
As shown in one of the screenshots below, the Leader Hideouts resemble regular Pokéstops on the map. And once you’re nearby, one of the Team Go Rocket Leaders will be standing right by the Leader Hideout.
Before you fight, keep in mind that Leaders are a lot tougher to beat than regular Team Go Rocket Grunts, so make sure that you line up your best Pokémon and that they’re at full health before the fight.
Once you’ve defeated a Leader, your Rocket Radar will disappear, so you will need to either purchase a new one from the Shop or locate and combine six more Mysterious Components in order to battle more Leaders.
Pokemon Go Sierra Lineup
Much like her two pals, Sierra has one Pokemon shell use every time – thats her Sneasel who shell deploy first. Her second and third Pokemon could be any one of six Pokemon, however. Her second Pokemon could be any of the following:
And her third could be either:
Heres how to take care of them
How To Beat Sierra In Pokemon Go
To defeat Sierra, youll need to utilize a variety of different Pokemon types. Weve featured a mix of stronger Legendaries and more common alternatives, so there should be something here to meet every trainers needs, and all of them are solid choices.
Lets take a look at the weaknesses of all the different Pokemon Sierra will choose to send out during your battle, and which counters you should be using to beat her.
Read Also: When Does Pokemon Journeys Part 5 Come Out
How To Beat Sierra In Pokemon Go Learn Step By Step Instructions On How To Beat Sierra In Pokemon Go Pokemon Go Sierra Counters And More
If you are a regular Pokemon Go Player, then you know that Sierra is one of the leaders of Team Go Rocket, and she has powerful Pokemon to beat as well. You need to know the best counters to take her down in the game. In this post, we are going to have a closer look at how to beat Sierra in Pokemon Go, Sierra best counters and more.
Sierra Pokemon Go Counters
With the Season of Mischief having just started, Trainers can still take down the same 7 different mon from last month when facing off against Sierra.
At the start of every match, Sierra will always send out Sneasel, followed by 6 other rotating Pokemon. While Sierras lineup changes over time, in September, the 7 mon Trainers have the opportunity to face off against are:
- Drapion / Houndoom / Kingdra
Read Also: How To Save In Pokemon Colosseum
Jesse James And Meowth Have Blasted Off Again
Jesse and James are no longer available to challenge, but they are sure to return at some point in the future. Their previous line ups weren’t particularly difficult to beat, especially since neither used their shields.
Previously, Jesse’s lineup included:
- Scyther: a Bug and Flying type, Scyther has several weaknesses, including Fire, Flying, Electric, and Ice, but it’s quad weakness to Rock is the one you’ll want to exploit. Aggron, Rampardos, Rhyperior, Golem, Terrakion, or Tyranitar all work really well here.
- Ekans: a Poison type, Ekans is weak against Ground and Psychic types. However, Ekans is pretty weak. Mewtwo, Alakazm, or Gardevoir could all work well here. Alternatively, you could put in Metagross or whatever Pokémon you plan to use against Stantler, in order to build up their charged attack.
- Stantler: as a Normal type, Stantler’s only weakness is Fighting types. However, because of its potential moveset, Steel and Rock types are your best bet here. Metagross, Regirock, Jirachi, or Cobalion are all great choices here.
After beating Jesse, James’ lineup included:
Upon beating Jesse, you could catch a Shadow Scyther with the potential to be Shiny, and upon beating James, you could catch a Shadow Pinsir with the potential to be Shiny.
Note: Jesse and James fulfill the requirements for beating two Team GO Rocket Grunts in Research tasks.
Pokemon Go Sierra : How To Beat Counters
In order to defeat Sierra in Pokémon Go in November 2021, you must first defeat her pokemon lineup.
Currently, she always uses Shadow Nidoran as the main Pokémon. You can battle with one of these Pokémon at random:
- First Pokémon: Shadow Nidoran
- Second Pokémon: Shadow Beedrill, Shadow Vileplume, or Shadow Slowbro
- Third Pokémon: Shadow Houndoom, Shadow Marowak, or Shadow Nidoqueen
Read Also: How To Get Eevee In Pokemon Shield
Pokmon Go Purified Pokmon Benefits
Purified Pokémon have a number of perks that set them apart from other Pokémon, which include:
- The Candy cost for powering up or evolving the Pokémon will decrease by 10%.
- The Stardust cost to powering up or teaching the Pokémon a secondary move will decrease by 10%.
- The Purified Pokémon will learn Return – a 3 bar Normal type move, which is great for Normal type Pokémon.
- IVs will be increased by 2 in every stat – Attack, Defence, HP.
- Finally, a Purified Pokemon’s level will increase – the cap on this increase is level 25.
Thank you to ControvT from reddit for the help with this information.
Purified Pokémon will have a blue star next to them in your Pokémon storage.
Due to the Candy cost, it’s worth catching non-Shadow Pokémon as you play, so that you will be able to quickly purify Shadow Pokémon after you catch them. This will help you build up a strong collection of new Pokémon and level up your Purifier medal.
Below you’ll find a complete list of all the currently released Shadow Pokémon in Pokémon Go – it will help you plan out your new catching regime!
Best Groundbull Counters In Pokemon Go
Steel and Poison are both moves that cause Groundbull to have a seriously bad day, so have a suped-up Pokemon with those moves to get through this one in one piece. Victreebell is a great one to pick but you can also reuse Machamp here to do some fast and deadly damage in good time. Mewtwo is another that can beat Groundbull fairly easily if you have one powerful enough in your line-up.
You May Like: How To Randomize Pokemon Omega Ruby
Pokmon Go’s Team Go Rocket Leader Sierra Uses Many Different Types
Sierra has three Pokémon in total. After Sneasel, the last two Pokémon on her team are decided from three possible options each. Below are her potential team members, their types, and what Pokémon could work best against them, according to recommendations from Pokémon Go Hub, a site that specializes in battle guides and Pokémon GO strategies.
- Gliscor – Ground/Flying-type. Double-weak to Ice types like Glaceon, Froslass, and Mamoswine.
- Granbull – Fairy-type. Weak to Poison and Steel types like Metagross, Excadrill, and Roserade.
- Ampharos – Electric-type. Weak to Ground types like Garchomp, Rhyperior, and Excadrill.
- Houndoom – Dark/Fire-type. Weak to Fighting, Water, Ground, and Rock types like Rhyperior, Swampert, and Conkeldurr.
- Kingdra – Water/Dragon-type. Weak to Fairy and Dragon types like Togekiss, Gardevoir, and Haxorus.
- Drapion – Poison/Dark-type. Weak to Ground types like Excadrill, Garchomp, and Rhyperior.
With the right team, Pokémon GO players should be able to take Sierra out, keep up their work rescuing the Shadow Pokémon captured by Team GO Rocket, and continue to enjoy the Luminous Legends Y event for the rest of May.
Team Rocket Leader Sierra Pokmon Line
Sierra now uses Shadow Sneasel as her first Pokémon. Sierras second Pokemon will either be Shadow Gliscor, Shadow Granbull or Shadow Ampharos. Finally, for Sierra’s third Pokémon she will choose to use either Shadow Kingdra, Shadow Houndoom or Shadow Drapion.
Now you know which Pokémon she’ll use, you just need to know how to beat them. The best way to do that is to use specific Pokémon to counter, so below you’ll find a list of the best Pokémon to counter and the most effective moves against each of Sierra’s possible Pokémon, as of .
Also Check: What Level Does Machop Evolve In Pokemon Quest
Best Gliscor Counters In Pokemon Go
Go for any powerful Pokemon with Ice and Water moves and you should be fine with taking Gliscor out of the fight. The underrated Mamoswine is a great pick if it has the Avalanche move, but if you dont have one that is powered up enough, go for Aurorus, Avalugg or Piloswine and you should get through to the next round without any issues.
Leader Sierra New Pokemon Lineup And Best Counters
#1 Shadow Pokemon lineup and best counters
- Shadow Mewtwo with Confusion and Psystrike
- Mewtwo with Confusion and Psystrike
- Shadow Alakazam with Confusion and Psychic
- Shadow Metagross with Zen Headbutt and Psychic
- Shadow Gallade with Confusion and Psychic
# 2 Shadow Pokemon lineup and best counters
- Melametal with Thunder Shock and Rock Slide
- Mega Gengar with Hex and Shadow Punch
- Excadrill with Mud Shot and Rock Slide
- Mega Charizard Y with Wing Attack and Dragon Claw
- Heatran with Fire Spin and Iron Head
- Heatran with Fire Spin and Iron Head
- Burn Genesect with Fury Cutter and Techno Blast Burn
- Genesect with Fury Cutter and X-Scissor
- Mega Charizard Y with Wing Attack and Dragon Claw
- Giratina Origin with Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball
- Mega Gyarados with Bite and Aqua Tail
- Zarude with Vine Whip and Power Whip
- Hydreigon with Bite and Dark Pulse
- Shiftry with Bullet Seed and Leaf Blade
- Yveltal with Snarl and Dark Pulse
#3 Shadow Pokemon lineup and best counters
- Mega Gyarados with Waterfall and Aqua Tail
- Shadow Tyranitar with Smack Down and Return
- Tyranitar with Smack Down and Return
- Terrakion with Smack Down and Sacred Sword
- Garchomp with Mud Shot and Sand Tomb
- Gyarados with Waterfall and Aqua Tail
- Togekiss with Charm and Ancient Power
- Tropius with Razor Leaf and Leaf Blade
- Super Gourgeist with Hex and Seed Bomb
- Shadow Dragonite with Dragon Tail and Dragon Claw
You May Like: How To Evolve Eevee Into Sylveon Pokemon Sword
Scenario #: Lapras Lapras/sharpedo Shiftry/houndoom
This scenario features a line-up of Pokémon entirely week to Fighting-types. Your best bets are to go in with the following team:
- SLOT ONE: Conkeldurr
- SLOT TWO: Lucario
- SLOT THREE: Machamp
As soon as the battle begins, switch directly to Lucario and spam Lapras with Power-Up Punches. This Charged move doesn’t hit very hard, but it increased the power of Lucario’s Fast attack and will quickly take down Sierra’s shields. With these three Pokémon maxed out, any combination of moves from Sierra’s Pokémon will fall short against your team.
Team Go Rocket Aerial Attacks
As of July 7, 2020, Team GO Rocket has now taken to the skies. Four times a day, a Team GO Rocket balloon can appear on the map. These encounters work almost identically to Team GO Rocket PokéStop Invasions. Under normal circumstances, Trainers can expect:
- Without a Rocket Radar, you will encounter Grunts.
- Jesse and James in their Meowth hot air balloon are no longer appearing, but should they return, they give you the chance to earn two Mysterious Components for the one balloon.
- With a normal Rocket Radar equipped, you will encounter one of the Team GO Rocket Executives.
- With a Super Rocket Radar equipped, you will have the chance to encounter Giovanni, himself.
- The first balloon will show up between midnight and 6 AM local time.
- The second balloon will show up between 6 AM and noon local time.
- The third balloon will show up between noon and 6 PM local time.
- The final balloon will show up between 6 PM and midnight local time.
The line ups for Shadow Pokémon are the same as if you encountered Team GO Rocket at a PokéStop. If you don’t beat the Executive or Giovanni, your Radar will remain intact until you are able to defeat a Team GO Rocket leader.
Don’t Miss: How To Delete Pokemon Black
Scenario #: An Alakazam At The End
There are a few different possibilities here. It depends if there is an Exeggutor in the middle, or a Lapras/Sharpedo. Here’s a breakdown for each one. First, if the second Pokémon is Lapras/Sharpedo and the third is Alakazam:
- SLOT ONE: Alakazam
- SLOT TWO: Lucario
- SLOT THREE: Conkeldurr
In this situation, and only this one, hit Lapras with three to four taps before switching to Lucario. This will see Alakazam take significant damage, but it will deal damage to Lapras with its Community Day, Fighting-type move of Counter while also charging up the Ghost-type Shadow Ball. Switch to Lucario and continue with the Power-Up Punch plan. Then, when Alakazam is shown in the final slot, release your own Alakazam and deal a Shadow Ball, which will in almost every situation take Sierra’s Alakazam out in one hit.
If Sierra has Alakazam at the end but an Exeggutor in the middle, replace Conkeldurr with a Fire-type. The very best option is a Chandelure with Fire Spin as its Fast attack, and Shadow Ball as its Charged. This way, if the Exeggutor is defeated with energy left on your Chandelure, it will be able to hit Sierra’s Alakazam with a Shadow Ball.
How To Beat Team Go Rocket Executive Cliff
Cliff is the first of the Team GO Rocket Executives and their counterpart to Team Mystic’s Leader Blanche. Cliff brings in a team of three Pokémon with the second and third being chosen from a pool of different strong Shadow Pokémon. Fortunately, you can battle an Executive as many times as it takes to beat them. So, if you lose the first time, take note of which Pokémon fill those second and third slots and plan your next attack accordingly.
You May Like: How Many Pokemon Cards Are There In The World
Pokmon Go Sierra Counters: Best Strategies To Beat The Rocket Leader
Pokémon GO’s Luminous Legends Y event has players taking on Team GO Rocket, and Rocket Leader Sierra will take strategic counters to beat.
The Luminous Legends Y event has started in Pokémon GO, introducing new challenges and Legendary Pokémon. The event will be broken into two parts throughout the month, with Part 1 available from May 18 to 25 and Part 2 from May 25 to 31. Pokémon GO Players will be able to capture the Legendary Pokémon Yvetal, celebrate the introduction of the Fairy-type Eeveelution Sylveon, and battle Team GO Rocket.
Working with other Pokémon GO players worldwide from May 15 to 23, trainers have been tasked with defeating 25 million Team GO Rocket grunts in order to unlock 3x Catch XP, Galarian Zigzagoon as an option for 1-star raids, and a chance for those raids to contain a Shiny Galarian Zigzagoon. Players can also take on the Rocket Leader Sierra and her dangerous lineup of Pokémon after locating her with a Rocket Radar. A Rocket Radar requires 6 Mysterious Components, which can be obtained from Team GO Rocket grunts.
What Are The Best Pokmon Go Sierra Counters For Kingdra
If you encounter Sierras Kingdra, it can use water, dragon, and ice moves. Funnily enough, it is weak to both fairy and dragon moves, but be careful with dragon type counters if Kingdra is using dragon moves!
- Palkia Dragon Tail and Draco Meteor or Hydro Pump
- Dialga Dragon breath and Draco Meteor or Iron Head
- Haxorus Dragon Tail and Dragon Claw or Surf
- Rayquaza Dragon Tail and Outrage or Hurricane
- Gardevoir Charm and Dazzling Gleam or Psychic
- Togekiss Charm and Dazzling Gleam or Flamethrower
Recommended Reading: What Are Dark Pokemon Weak Against
How To Beat Team Go Rocket Leader Giovanni
The Founder of Team GO Rocket, Giovanni is the only one bringing in Legendary Shadow Pokémon. For the time being, however, his team is more limited than his Executives. His first Pokémon is always Persian and his last is currently Shadow Ho-Oh.
Giovanni’s first Pokémon is Persian. The best Pokémon to counter Persian are Tyranitar, Machamp, Conkeldurr, Lucario, and Hariyama. However, you can also use this time to build up a charged attack for his second Pokémon.
For his second Pokémon, Giovanni could bring Golem. As a Ground and Rock type, Grass and Water are the best bets, but it’s also weak to Fighting, Ground, Ice, and Steel. Some of the top counters include Torterra, Mega Gyarados, Swampert, Mega Venusaur, Kyogre, and Leafeon.
- If he brings Cloyster, this Water and Ice type takes increased damage from Electric, Fighting, Grass, and Rock type moves. Some of the top counters include Melmetal, Shadow Magmortar, Omastar, Arcanine, Regirock, and Lucario.
Machamp could be his second Pokémon. Fairy, Flying, and Psychic types deal super effective damage to this pure Fighting type. Your best options for countering are Lugia, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Shadow Zapdos, Cresselia or Shadow Mewtwo.
Giovanni’s third Pokémon is currently Shadow Ho-Oh. The Legendary Bird is a Flying and Fire type Pokémon so it is weak to Electric and Water, and has a quad weakness to Rock. Top counters include Mega Ampharos, Politoad, Mew, Swampert, Mega Gyarados, Shadow Raikou, and Mega Blastoise.
Best Houndoom Counters In Pokemon Go
Fighting, Ground, Rock and Water moves are all ones that Houndoom will not take to well, so pick your most powerful Pokemon with these moves to finish him off without taking too much damage yourself. Once again, Lucario is the best choice if you have one, but other options that will do the job almost as well are Kingler, Rampardos and Conkeldurr.
Don’t Miss: Where To Find Tyranitar In Pokemon Sword