Pokemon Go A Very Slow Discovery: Everything To Know About The Event
Slowpoke is the star of the next Pokemon GO event.
A Very Slow Discovery will begin on June 8 at 10 am local time, and the event will run until June 13 at 8 pm local time. The theme of the event will be Pokemon that are slow in nature or bulky.
Slowpoke is the main feature of A Very Slow Discovery and multiple forms will be appearing. Of course, Slowpoke will appear, but there will be debuts as well. Galarian Slowpoke will appear in Pokemon GO, as well as Mega Slowbro. Galarian Slowpoke will be found in one-star raids while Mega Slowbro will be found in Mega raids.
Every Feature To Take Advantage Of In Pokemon Go’s A Very Slow Discovery Event
While this Pokemon GO event is going to revolve around slow Pocket Monsters, trainers should be sure to mark its dates on their calendars because the five days will go by quickly.
First things first, trainers won’t want to miss out on an exclusive free event box that they can claim in the mobile game’s shop. The free box will include 20 Pokeballs, 10 Great Balls, and the King’s Rock item.
Other important aspects of “A Very Slow Discovery” event for players to benefit from are:
- Galarian Slowpoke arrives in the game and can be evolved into Galarian Slowbro by capturing 30 Poison-type Pokemon while it’s a trainer’s buddy.
- Slakoth, Gulpin, Spoink, and Slowpoke will be spawning more frequently.
- Mega Slowbro joins Mega Raids with Field Research tasks during the event rewarding Slowbro Mega Energy.
- A Collection Challenge featuring Slowpoke will reward a Slowpoke Forever Shirt avatar item, 30 Ultra Balls, and 3,000 XP upon completion.
- One-star raids will feature Galarian Slowpoke, Alolan Grimer, Shinx, Shellder, and Timburr.
- Three-star raids will be starring Snorlax, Slaking, Toxicroak, and Slowking.
Pokemon GO players will need to embrace the “stop and smell the roses” mindset during this slow-themed event. There are certainly a lot of features to appreciate in the “A Very Slow Discovery” event.
Trainers, which of these Mega-Evolved Pokémon will you be challenging this month? Are you planning to challenge them all?
Pokemon Go A Very Slow Discovery Event Start Date And Time
Like they do, the A Very Slow Discovery event will be kicking off at 10 am in your local timezone on Tuesday, 8 June.
It will run for just shy of a week, finishing on Sunday, June 13 at 8 pm local time.
Remember, Trainers! You can encounter Clamperl in Research Breakthrough encounters throughout June!
Recommended Reading: Best Lucky Pokemon
How To Complete A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge In Pokmon Go
There are only four Pokémon players must collect to complete the “A Very Slow Discovery” Collection Challenge. Here is how players can collect them all.
- Slowpoke: This Pokémon can be found in the wild. Alternatively, players can complete the Field Research Task in which players catch eight Water or Psychic Pokémon to unlock Slowpoke.
- Galarian Slowpoke: This Pokémon can be found in 1-star raids or by completing the Field Research Task in which they win a raid in under 60 seconds or evolve three Slowpokes.
- Slowbro: Players will need 50 Slowpoke Candy to evolve Galarian Slowpoke into Slowbro.
- Slowking: Players will need 50 Slowpoke Candy and a King’s Rock to evolve Galarian Slowpoke into Slowking.
This Collection Challenge shouldn’t be too difficult to complete. Obtaining Slowpoke Candy is prime right now since spawn rates are boosted for the event. Once this special event comes to a close, all the benefits and Collection Challenge rewards will expire along with it. More Pokémon Go events are planned for June, so it will be interesting to see what replaces the A Very Slow Discovery event.
Pokémon Go is available now on iOS and Android.
Field Research For The A Very Slow Discovery Event In Pokmon Go
During the A Very Slow Discovery event in Pokémon Go, you’ll be able to collect and complete a number of exclusive field research tasks. These tasks can be found by spinning PokéStops and can be completed once the event ends as long as they’re saved in your field research collection.
Since, however, some of the Pokémon encounters you’ll earn will help you complete this event’s Collection Challenge, we recommend completing them during A Very Slow Discovery.
Here are the field research tasks for A Very Slow Discovery:
- Catch 8 Psychic-type Pokémon reward – Slowpoke encounter
- Catch 8 Water-type Pokémon reward – Slowpoke encounter
- Evolve a Pokémon reward – 1 King Rock
- Evolve a Psychic-type Pokémon reward – Slowpoke or Shellder encounter
- Evolve one Slowpoke reward – 20 Mega Slowbro Energy
- Evolve 3 Slowpoke reward – Galarian Slowpoke encounter
- Win a raid in under 60 seconds reward – Slakoth encounter
- Give your buddy 3 treats reward – Gulpin encounter
Thank you to Amiibofan101 from reddit for the help with this information!
You May Like: Get Pokemon Cards Graded
All Increased Spawns Encounters And Event Raids For Pokmon Gos A Very Slow Discovery Event
Some of these Pokémon can be poisonously slow.
Pokémon Gos June content lineup is coming along slowly, with the A Very Slow Discovery event being themed around slow and some Poison-type Pokémon.
From June 8 to 13, Galarian Slowpoke, Mega Slowbro, and Galarian Slowbro will be making their Pokémon Go debut.
You can catch Galarian Slowpoke and evolve it into Galarian Slowbro by catching 30 Poison-type Pokémon, with Mega Slowbro becoming the new focus of the Mega Raid rotation. Exclusive Field Research will be running during the event to give players more Slowbro Mega Energy, too.
And while the Slowpoke are going to be the focal point, other rare Pokémon that like to take their time will also be appearing at an increased rate. If you plan on making the most out of the A Very Slow Discovery event, here are all of the increased spawns, encounters, event raids, and more added during the event.
Galarian Slowpoke And Mega Slowbro Debuts
- Galarian Slowpoke will be making its Pokémon GO debut!
- You can evolve it into Galarian Slowbro by catching 30 Poison-type Pokémon when its your buddy.
- Weve heard reports that Galarian Slowking is taking its time to make its Pokémon GO appearance. You could even say its arrival might be quiteslow.
You May Like: Water Stone Pokemon Shield
A Very Slow Discovery Event Guide For Pokmon Go
With so much going on we have broken down the A Very Slow Discovery event into sections. Well start with the basics of when it is and whats going on before branching off into other things Pokémon GO players will want to enjoy. Some of this info will require updating as parts of the event go live around the world. Be sure to check back as it begins in your time zone for the latest information.
How To Get Slowpoke Forever Shirt In Pokmon Go
You get the Slowpoke Forever shirt in Pokémon Go by completing the A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge.
The Slowpoke Forever shirt is exclusive to the event, meaning youll have to complete the Collection Challenge before 20:00 local time on June 13th.
As for what else is available during the event, there is the debut of Galarian Slowpoke and Galarian Slowbro.
In addition, you can also find Shiny Mega Slowbro in Mega Raids.
Lastly, you will also find the returning Regice, Regirock, and Registeel in five-star raids while possibly Shiny.
Trainers, get ready for a Special Raid Weekend, where you will be able to earn bonus Candy XL and find more raids!
Recommended Reading: Pokemon Fairy Types Weakness
Pokmon Go: A Very Slow Discovery Event Guide
To kick off the Season of Discovery, Pokémon Go is hosting a new event themed around Slowpoke! A Very Slow Discovery will run from June 8 through June13, 2021. During this event, Trainers will encounter Galarian Slowpoke and Mega Slowbro for the first time. There’s lots of fun stuff coming this event, so read ahead for all the details, and be sure to check out our best Pokémon Go accessories so you can be fully equipped on your Pokémon Journey!
How To Prepare For A Very Slow Discovery Event In Pokemon Go
Here are a few ways for players to prepare for this event.
- Buddy Galarian Slowpoke: Players will need to capture 30 Poison-type Pokemon while Galarian Slowpoke is your buddy. This will allow it to evolve into Galarian Slowbro.
- Mega Slowbro Raids: Bring along Pokemon with Grass, Electric, Bug, Ghost, and Dark-type moves to do the most damage. Also, try and play with at least 5 other players to make the raid battle easier. Stock up on those Remote Raid Passes if you need to.
- Encounters: Players will be able to find Pokemon like Spoink, Slakoth, and Vigoroth out in the wild. These Pokemon have the chance to be Shiny as well.
- Collection Challenge: Players will be able to participate in a Collection Challenge for this event. Make sure to stock up on Poke Balls, Incenses, and Lure Modules to prepare. The reward for completing this event is a Slowpoke Short, 30 Ultra Balls, and 3000 XP. It will likely reward players with a new medal for completing it.
This event comes to a close on June 13th. Make sure to do everything you can before the next event takes over. The game continues to evolve in the best ways possible.
Pokemon Go is available now on iOS and Android.
You May Like: Fairy Type Pokemon Go
Tips For Completing The A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge In Pokmon Go
Here are some tips which will help you complete the A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go:
- Make sure you use Pinap Berries on every Slowpoke you catch to gather enough Candy for both of the evolutions in this Collection Challenge.
- If you’re having trouble finding Pokémon in the wild, use an Incense to bring them to you rather than the other way around.
- Don’t forget – Remote Raid Passes allows you to join any raid from the comfort of your own home!
- If you need a King’s Rock, make sure you collect the free box from the in-game store, which contains 20 Poké Balls, 10 Great Balls and a King’s Rock.
- Encounters for a number of Pokémon in the Collection Challenge can be earned by completing the exclusive field research tasks listed below.
Pokmon Go A Very Slow Discovery Field Research Tasks
Here are the Field Research Tasks you can pick up, and their rewards:
- Catch 8 Water type Pokémon: Rewards a Slowpoke encounter
- Catch 8 Psychic type Pokémon: Rewards a Slowpoke encounter
- Give your buddy 3 treats: Rewards a Gulpin encounter
- Win a Raid in under 10 minutes: Rewards a Slakoth encounter
- Win a Raid in under a minute: Rewards a Galarian Slowpoke encounter
- Evolve a Psychic type Pokémon: Rewards a Slowpoke or Shellder encounter
- Evolve a Slowpoke: Rewards 20 Mega Slowbro Energy
- Evolve any Pokémon: Rewards a Kings Rock
- Evolve any 3 Pokémon: Rewards a Galarian Slowpoke encounter
Thirdly, if you want to win some neat junk, try to complete the Very Slow Discovery Challenge. All you need to do is obtain a Slowpoke, a Slowbro, a Slowking, and a Galarian Slowpoke. Get all four, and youll be rewarded with 3000 XP, 30 Ultra Balls, and a free Slowpoke t-shirt for your avatar.
Don’t Miss: How Many Levels In Pokemon Go
How To Complete A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge
As previously stated, four Pokemon players need to obtain while the event is running to complete the Collection Challenge. These Pokemon are:
During A Very Slow Discovery, players will be able to find the original Slowpoke the easiest. This is due to is being among the increased spawn rates in the wild, allowing players to find and catch one easily. Players can also encounter Slowpoke through specific field research tasks as a reward. These field research tasks are:
Catch eight Water-type Pokemon
Catch eight Psychic-type Pokemon
Evolve a Psychic-type Pokemon
Slowbro may also seem to fit under this category as well, but wild Slowbro caught from the wild won’t count toward this Collection Challenge. Instead, players need to get at least 50 Slowpoke candies and evolve a non-Galarian Slowpoke into Slowbro.
Like with Slowbro, Slowking also can’t be caught via encounters for the Collection Challenge. It also requires 50 Slowpoke candies to evolve, but it also needs a King’s Rock evolutionary item. Players can easily get one, though, by going into the in-game shop and claiming the free event box during this event. It will contain 20 Pokeballs, fifteen Great Balls, and a King’s Rock.
Evolve three Slowpoke
Win a raid in under 60 seconds
Pokemon GO is available now on Mobile.
A Very Slow Discovery
Sometimes the best adventure is a slow one. In the upcoming A Very Slow Discovery event, youll be able to take inspiration from the very same Pokémon that inspired us: Slowpoke. A Very Slow Discovery will feature Slowpoke, Galarian Slowpoke, Mega Slowbro, and Galarian Slowbro! Some of the other Pokémon appearing during this event are quite slow and active as well.
Read Also: A Ripple In Time Pokemon Go
Pokemon Go A Very Slow Discovery Challenge
Because both Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke spawn in the wild or appear in raids during the event, catching one will be simple. You only need 50 Slowpoke Candies to develop a Slowpoke into a Slowbro. Slowking will require a King’s Rock and 50 Candy, although you can get the item by completing portions of the A Very Slow Discovery event-exclusive research. So what are the Pokemon that the players need to catch for this event collection challenge? Below mentioned are the required Pokemon for this collection challenge:
- Slowpoke – Can be found by roaming in the wild and also from a field research task known as ‘Catch 8 Water-type Pokémon’ or ‘Catch 8 Psychic-type Pokémon’
- Slowbro – Can be obtained by evolving a Slowpoke using 50 Slowpoke Candy
- Slowking – Can be obtained by evolving a Slowpoke using 50 Slowpoke Candy and a King’s Rock
- Galarian Slowpoke – Can be obtained from either One-star raids or also from a field research task known as ‘Win a raid in under 60 seconds’ or ‘Evolve 3 Slowpoke’
To collect enough Candy for both evolutions in this Collection Challenge, make sure you use Pinap Berries on every Slowpoke you catch. You can receive a King’s Rock for free in the in-game store’s free package, which contains 20 Poké Balls, 10 Great Balls, and a King’s Rock. Use an Incense to attract Pokémon rather than the other way around if you’re having problems finding them in the wild.
What Is The Pokmon Go A Very Slow Discovery Event
The Season of Discovery is here and to celebrate Pokémon Go is hosting A Very Slow Discovery, an event themed around Slowpoke, lazy Pokémon, and speedy Pokémon. The Galarian Regional Variant of Slowpoke will make its Pokémon Go debut, as will Mega Slowbro. Trainers will even be able to evolve their Galarian Slowpoke into Galarian Slowbro by catching 30 Poison type Pokémon with Galarian Slowpoke as their Buddy Pokémon.
Galarian Slowking will be available at a later date.
You May Like: Rotom Platinum
Which Pokmon Appear More Often
Pokémon like Phlegmon, Bummelz, Schluppuck, Spoink, Lahmus or Muntier appear more frequently in the game during the event, and appear for the first time Galar Flegmon in the game. You can also do it Galar lame develop, but a development to slow-boiling Galar will not be possible yet.
It also shows Mega lame for the first time in Pokémon Go and in raids. During the event there will be exclusive research tasks that will give you mega-energy for Lahmus.
In level 1 raids, Pokémon are like Galar-Flegmon, Alola-Sleima, Muschas, Sheinux and Praktibalk to be expected, in level 3 raids you will notice it among other things Relaxo, slow-smoking, letarking, and toxic tobacco to do.
You can also get other Flegmon-inspired accessories in the in-game shop free event box meanwhile, youll get 20 Pokéballs, 10 superballs and a King Stone.
Do you turn Pokéstops or open gifts, you are still waiting Flegmon inspired gift stickers.
Also Check: How To Evolve Eevee Into Espeon In Pokemon Go
A Very Slow Discovery Event Guide
The Season of Discovery kicks off with A Very Slow Discovery, a special event featuring Slowpoke, Galarian Slowpoke, Mega Slowbro, and Galarian Slowbro. The event lasts from June 8 to June 13, 2021 and features everyones favorite slow Pokémon.
In addition to Slowpoke themed content, this event features a number of slow rewards, slow raids, slow Pokémon and slow bonuses.
On this page
- Starts on Tuesday, June 8, 2021, at 10:00 a.m.
- Ends on Sunday, June 13, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
You May Like: How Many Pokemon Are In Pokemon Go
Pokmon Go: How To Prepare For A Very Slow Discovery Event
A Very Slow Discovery is the first big event happening in June in Pokemon Go. This guide will show players how to prepare for this event.
A Very Slow Discovery is one of the big events happening in Pokemon Go for the month of June. This guide will show players how they can prepare for this event. Pokemon Go continues to introduce new content for its players to enjoy. For the month of June, players are able to experience the Season of Discovery, new legendary Pokemon, new Mega Evolutions, and even some new content that has yet to be revealed. The A Very Slow Discovery event is one of the first to take place in June and will feature new Pokemon and content for players to get their hands on. Here are a couple of ways for players to prepare for this event.
Related: How to Find Unown in Pokémon Go
A Very Slow Discovery will take place from Tuesday, June 8, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, June 13, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time. During this time period, players will be able to find a Galarian Slowpoke in the wild for the very first time. Not only that, but players can also find Mega Slowbro in Mega Raids for the first time. Tons of Pokemon that are known to be slowly will begin to appear out in the wild as well as a few smaller details that players might miss. Here are a few ways for players to prepare for this event.